Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mobo/CPU Combo, im gonna need help

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    HSF= Heat Sink and Fan (the cooling block and the fan that sits on it)

equivalent of a XP 2800+ (pricewise) is a P4 2.4 GHz

equivalent of a XP 2800+ (speedwise) is a P4 2.8 GHz

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    wow, didnt think Athlon was so much better, i thought it was just marginal, tahts sum good news, thx
    -TiMz

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    its not better........ just WAY cheaper

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    for the heatsink and fan, is it included w/ the cpu? When i read the detailed specs for the cpu it said that it included a "fan", is this all i need?

how is this fan/heatsink? http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...sp?EdpNo=86205
    Last edited by Timz; 10-30-2004 at 08:37 PM.
    -TiMz

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    As I already told you... The ones I linked for you have the cooler included.
    AMD Athlon XP2800+ / 512K Cache / 333MHz FSB / Socket A / Barton Core / Processor with Fan
    AMD CPUs can be bought:

OEM: without box or cooler and reduced warranty.
    or
    Retail Box: with cooler and 3 year warranty.

Get the box version.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    "Please note that all processors may be returned only for defective exchange. You must purchase a compatible heatsink and fan on the same order as the processor in order to preserve your warranty or exchange privilege. We are not able to accept returns for refunds on processors under any circumstances. All processors will be inspected and tested upon return and any damage caused by poor packaging, overclocking, or other tampering with the processor will be cause for the return to be refused, and exchange denied."

The people at Tiger wrote this, the part w/
    "You must purchase a compatible heatsink and fan on the same order as the processor in order to preserve your warranty or exchange privilege."

worried me cuz im not sure if they mean separately or it jsut must be in the overall purchase
    -TiMz

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Timz
    "Please note that all processors may be returned only for defective exchange. You must purchase a compatible heatsink and fan on the same order as the processor in order to preserve your warranty or exchange privilege. We are not able to accept returns for refunds on processors under any circumstances. All processors will be inspected and tested upon return and any damage caused by poor packaging, overclocking, or other tampering with the processor will be cause for the return to be refused, and exchange denied."

The people at Tiger wrote this, the part w/
    "You must purchase a compatible heatsink and fan on the same order as the processor in order to preserve your warranty or exchange privilege."

worried me cuz im not sure if they mean separately or it jsut must be in the overall purchase
    That's just a standard message, the retail versions come with a heatsink from AMD so you are automatically buying a compatible heatsink at the same time.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    k, thx, all, ordered the stuff, should be here in a few days
    -TiMz

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What exactly did you order?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    i ordered the gigabyte mobo, the Kingston PC3200 x2 RAM (512 total) and the the box version of the CPU, 2800+AthlonXP

erm, do i need thermal gel too? i just read Tom's Hardware Guide to building PCs and im not sure if its included w/ what i bought
    Last edited by Timz; 10-31-2004 at 03:55 AM.
    -TiMz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast