Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Election Burnout

BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Vidcc,

I must object to your infringement on my style.

The very first time I responded to BigTankFrank, it was an honest error, I just read his name wrong. Since then I have made it a point to get his name wrong, currently preferring "Frankthetank", everytime as my inside joke to myself.

Your adulteration of his name (hankiepankie) is quite frankly beyond the pale and an encroachment upon my modus operandi.

Please give me a contact number so that I may pass this on to my attorneys.

I did notice that a couple of times.

BigTankFrank

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I wonder whether there any Political Historians or whatever you call it
    that actually Archive all the Hype\Gossip\Paraodies\Flash\Threads\CandidateBashings\Ads etc ?

I then also wonder that - since it seems that every us president seems to open their own Presidential Museum after their term of office - whether these items are also submitted?

Or is that the Michaelmoores job?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    i can't wait till this electiion is over, i hate those commericials about prop c or something and this annoying commerical from govener shargenager, ahhh living in kailfornia

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i don't believe it....they were even campaigning at the towns childrens haloween party

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    well, that's a bunch of bullshit...is nothing sacred?
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    It doesn’t surprise me at all vid. Things here have gotten real bad in the last few days with the candidates who are running for congress. This may surprise you though; today I even hung up on the Republican candidate for congress. I can’t wait until this is over.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    i didn't say which party it was but let's just say they didn't stand much chance of getting my vote this year anyway ..... but then it wasn't the party they were for that annoyed me....it was just them being there with their posters and leaflets

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    It goes even deeper. I know of one young man who refuses to spend a traditionaly spent Christmas at his Grandparents because they are voting different than he.

I have nothing in me to understand this.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I saw a US pundit on CNN saying that overall election fatigue is setting in. He also noted that this campaign has been so divisive and close that no matter what the outcome, 50% of the country is going to be devastated by the result.

I have to say I am glad our elections are limited to three weeks. I am usually ready to gnaw my own head off by the third week as it is.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    He also noted that this campaign has been so divisive and close that no matter what the outcome, 50% of the country is going to be devastated by the result.
    Oh that's certainly true to a degree. Roughly half of the people that bothered to vote didn't want Bush as president. And his extremism policies and actions have indeed drawn an even stronger divide in the country than before.
    It not good for the country as a whole to have such a close result.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast