Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Disgusting

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Leaving topic. Bye. Click. (just like changing the channel).

2. Lounge   -   #52
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    @Manker.......No you misunderstood what I said, the top remark is correct, the bottom one was referring to "Bad things" such as the pregnancy, what they would call bad, I was'nt refering to the scamming etc
    I see. You're saying that if there is a storyline on the TV that tells a kid to do a bad thing. They'll listen to it and do it.

If there is a storyline regarding bad consequences of the bad thing, then they won't listen to it and will do the bad thing anyway.

This may be true in some cases, however most kids will listen and learn from both sides, otherwise there would be no point in schooling because all of the kids would be watching Grange Hill, (or whatever) listening to the bad stuff, not paying attention to the good values and acting upon that.

The point people are making is that it will deter some kids from having a baby at 14. Not all but some.

Issues such as this are rarely black and white and shouldn't be debated as such.
    Last edited by manker; 11-01-2004 at 02:05 PM. Reason: To insert syntax
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I see. You're saying that if there is a storyline on the TV that tells a kid to do a bad thing. They'll listen to it and do it.

If there is a storyline regarding bad consequences of the bad thing, then they won't listen to it and will do the bad thing anyway.

This may be true in some cases, however most kids will listen and learn from both sides, otherwise there would be no point in schooling because all of the kids would be watching Grange Hill, (or whatever) listening to the bad stuff, not paying attention to the good values and acting upon that.

The point people are making is that it will deter some kids from having a baby at 14. Not all but some.

Issues such as this are rarely black and white and shouldn't be debated as such.

Very well said Manker, this time I don't mind you beating me to it

4. Lounge   -   #54
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Very well said Manker, this time I don't mind you beating me to it

Cheers matey. Just waiting for Jonno to tell me he meant something else, for the 47th time this month
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    @Dan........ Yeah scary sarah was funny and prolly the best bunny boiler to date on tv

@VB..... I'm not trying to upset anyone, if I was I would have been calling people names, I'm simply giving my pov, the fact that you read what I said and could'nt think of a better answer is not my problem, it's yours

@Manker......If these progs make such an impact then you tell me why there are so many teenage pregnancies? It's bollocks and you know it, kids take note of "Cool things" not of consequence. afew weeks ago I had a 14 y/o girl trying to impress me by telling me she'd been pregnant and had to abort, followed by asking me if I'd go out drinking with her, that's not right, she found it funny, I did'nt. I know what teenage pregnancy does to a girl at that age. I don't think it should be used as entertainment.
    Adult story lines are different, an adult should know the do's and don't's (don't's? 2 apostrophies? ) and child does not know these things. Ok admittedly it's possible some kids would have said "Oh god I don't want that" but what will they do to stop it? , nothing, if they are that way inclinned they will go out, get drunk, get laid and suddenly their pregnant. But I garentee you there will be thousands of kids who will copy the idea's of scamming and deceiving.

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #56
    round and round and round we go

7. Lounge   -   #57
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Ok I'm going, leave you lot in peace

Jonno

8. Lounge   -   #58
    manker's Avatar effendi
    No, you can't guarentee it. That storyline will de-romanticise the idea of having an ickle baby for more kids than it will make kids want to get pregnant so they can scam twenty quid

It's common sense.

There are so many teenage pregnancies because kids want to have sex. All we can do is try to educate them into either refraining (impossible) or inform them of the consequences if they do indulge without protection. Like on Eastenders.

Only one apostrophe in dos and don'ts.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Only one apostrophe in dos and don'ts.
    Quoted as its very rare

10. Lounge   -   #60
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Quoted as its very rare
    Jonno did ask

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456