View Poll Results: Are you glad Bush Won?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

85 79.44%
  • I dont care

5 4.67%
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Glad Bush won?

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68
    amazing to see how far one sided this poll is and then you wonder how he even got the popular votes..I have been on yahoo chat and omygawd ppl are so unhappy..
    Most Bush supporters are all computer illiterates.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by newcster68
    amazing to see how far one sided this poll is and then you wonder how he even got the popular votes..I have been on yahoo chat and omygawd ppl are so unhappy..

Yes, really makes you wonder HOW he won...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    These people aren't either

Warning - there are some strong comments

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Uhh ruthie...calm down.

You should be more afraid of why and how he won.
    Busyman..the shit is hitting the fan. I am fearful about the how and whys of this, and what it says about Americans. But, thanks
    Last edited by ruthie; 11-03-2004 at 06:51 PM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    1/ Coz the Lord speaks to him

2/ Coz y'all wanna git them thar tow'l heads..

3/ Beep... Bush or Spoilt... Beep

4/ Marketing

Technology and Fanatics... a wonderful combination for the extremes of any country... especially if the money is on the side of the extreme
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-03-2004 at 06:55 PM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    I always thought this might happen......the world is a more dangerous place now....

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by christopher from usa
    today was a great day for the usa and the world. the american people have chosen to continue to support the president. we will finish the job of bringing peace and stability to the arab world. we are prepared to accept casualties in our mission, and those who oppose us will be destroyed. simple as that.

People like this really don't help

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I agree the world is a more dangerous place because of Bush

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    The outcome has little or no impact on me or my country. The UK is extremely unlikely to support any more mad wars and the US deficit is not necessarily a bad thing for Europe. I think some European countries were hedging their bets somewhat and I see Hungary is calling it a day on the Iraqi coalition. I rather suspect the French, Russians and Germans have mixed feelings - a Kerry win would have meant their troops and money going into Iraq, a Bush win means they can put they cheque books away.

One area, the environment, is a worry - but Kerry was not especially strong on this either.

However, it seems to me that the result is going to cause deep divisions in the US (although either side winning was probably going to do this). This is not a good thing. Bush now has two roads in front of him - the Neo-Conservative isolationist one or a more conciliatory soft Conservative one. The selection of his new Administration will demonstrate the road he has taken early enough for all to be able to batton down the hatches.

One word of comfort - 4 years soon passes and there is little a politician can do that cannot be undone. Hillary must also have mixed emotions I suspect.

However, commiserations to those who are closer to this event and are feeling the chill wind of a divided nation.
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Quote Originally Posted by SpatulaGeekGirl
    The outcome has little or no impact on me or my country. The UK is extremely unlikely to support any more mad wars and the US deficit is not necessarily a bad thing for Europe. I think some European countries were hedging their bets somewhat and I see Hungary is calling it a day on the Iraqi coalition. I rather suspect the French, Russians and Germans have mixed feelings - a Kerry win would have meant their troops and money going into Iraq, a Bush win means they can put they cheque books away.

One area, the environment, is a worry - but Kerry was not especially strong on this either.

However, it seems to me that the result is going to cause deep divisions in the US (although either side winning was probably going to do this). This is not a good thing. Bush now has two roads in front of him - the Neo-Conservative isolationist one or a more conciliatory soft Conservative one. The selection of his new Administration will demonstrate the road he has taken early enough for all to be able to batton down the hatches.

One word of comfort - 4 years soon passes and there is little a politician can do that cannot be undone. Hillary must also have mixed emotions I suspect.

However, commiserations to those who are closer to this event and are feeling the chill wind of a divided nation.

1 thing....

one, France and Germany had no intention of cracking out any checkbooks no matter who won...
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast