Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another 9/11- opportunity missed?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    They're "swarthy-looking."

well the fact is we mostly don't know who is a terrorist.

We have profiling but then that's not 100% science, especially with a multiple personality group such as AQ.

We do the fingerprinting...but that's only good at catching "known" risks, and to be honest AQ just has to use new recruits that are unknown.

At last baggage is being screened in the US.... However dispite lockerbie the USA STILL allows unacompanied baggage to travel.

I do like the "are you going to participate in any act of terror during your stay in the USA?" question.... i can imagine a terrorist saying "darn, if only you didn't ask that"

As manny said we have put some things in place, some things are the right things to do, some are pointless, some things we should be doing we are not.
    However even if we did everything possible to do we can never be airtight, so we need to look at why we are a target and address those reasons as well as defend ourselves

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    Everything right? probably not. Something right, however, is likely. There are many more things to do to secure our borders and such, but in my mind, the fact that we have been safe for three years comes into play and if I were to guess; is not exactly what AQ would have in mind.
    AQ will just adapt to get around anything we do. All "armies" do this. This is not to say we should give up and make it easy for them. But again i suggest that it is just a bit possible that we haven't been attacked since 911 because they just haven't and not because they couldn't.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    However even if we did everything possible to do we can never be airtight, so we need to look at why we are a target and address those reasons as well as defend ourselves
    But Vidcc, it's because they hate our freedoms

Seriously, you are absolutely right...
    Last edited by scroff; 11-06-2004 at 09:35 PM.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    The reason we are a target is obvious, our support of Israel.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningfreemanny
    This though is not the only front in the war on terror. The US in the Middle East has in my mind taken up much terrorist resources that could otherwise be aimed at the homeland.
    It only took 19 men to topple the towers and hit the pentagon. I'm real clear they can spare 19 men from Iraq or Afghanistan. Al Qaeda is supposed to be in 60 countries... all they need is a dozen guys in the right place at the right time with the right stuff and a little patience....
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    The reason we are a target is obvious, our support of Israel.
    Our support of Israel over the Palestinians... and our bases in the muslem holy land and our history in the middle east.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    Our support of Israel over the Palestinians... and our bases in the muslem holy land and our history in the middle east.

So what are you going to do about it?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Sanctuary!
    So what are you going to do about it?
    I'll follow your lead Hobbsey...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    I'll follow your lead Hobbsey...
    I don't have the answer, I think the topic is a fruitful area for discussion, though.

Politics and the Middle East are not high on my interest list, so I'm not one to lead such a discussion.

BTW Ruthie, just a reminder, you are posting under Scroggs account and you're making him look like someone who goes to a gay wolf wedding or something.
    http://www.boomchicago.nl/Section/Videos/AttackAd

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    I don't have the answer, I think the topic is a fruitful area for discussion, though.
    We're gonna debate it again?

Alright by me

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast