Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Saving Private Ryan

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    The subject was the refusal by some stations to air the movie.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #122
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Saving Private Ryan rawks.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #123
    Sanctuary!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    A politcal agenda that attempts to fit all observable occurances into said framework is "sickening". It means that the mind is closed to either modification or an interest in truth.

A sick agenda is one that supports eating babies.

There is nothing wrong with having a viewpoint, I have NEVER objected to alternative points of view. I do object as to how one goes about presenting it.

Again, you're just quibbling.

edit- no edit
    How am I quibbling???? You said you never said I had a sick agenda, I find it and post it for you and you say I'm quibbling? Now you say a sick agenda is one that supports eating babies? Trying to point out the difference between a sick agenda and a sickening agenda jus tot save face is pretty silly.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

Any Which Way.... because there's more to it than Fox tells you.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #124
    I just saw on CNN that even if WMD are not found in Iraq, 81% of Americans consider the war on Iraq justified.

Are we really that stupid and brainwashed?

I've been awake for 36 hours and my keyboard has been mysteriously been rearranged, but even I can't believe this.

I was afraid of this, hence my post, "Who cares about the people of Iraq?", which was to keep people focused on the justification of the war, not to be distracted by the "liberation of the oppressed" hype.

Troops returning home, fathers reunited with their children- stock response tripe. I'm embarrassed for my country. You bunch of stupid hicks! Check to see if there is a hand up your ass, because you are nothing but puppets. Don't let the prestidigitators fool you.

Here is an old post from 2003 to give you a little context.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #125
    Quote Originally Posted by scroff
    How am I quibbling???? You said you never said I had a sick agenda, I find it and post it for you and you say I'm quibbling? Now you say a sick agenda is one that supports eating babies? Trying to point out the difference between a sick agenda and a sickening agenda jus tot save face is pretty silly.
    The way you support your agenda is sickening.

See, easy to clear up.

We are just wondering why you lied about not posting in order to win over the swing vote.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #126
    Sanctuary!
    stick with the matter at hand. You are changing the subject.

So you 2 actually thought that a Kerry voter thought that your oppostion of Bush was "sick". Particularly given my prior posts.

Yeah, right. You guys are just looking to quibble how to spin a word and care not to ignore the content of my posts.
    Well, let's see... you've said we run a propagandist site, you accuse us of posting political propaganda, you say our political agenda is sickening, and yet here you seem to implie that you agree with our sickening propaganda? I'm confused.
    Ancient Bush family proverb; Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day... drown him in the lake and he'll never be hungry again.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #127
    Well, let's see... you've said we run a propagandist site, you accuse us of posting political propaganda, you say our political agenda is sickening, and yet here you seem to implie that you agree with our sickening propaganda? I'm confused.
    I find the way you attempt to sell your POV sickening as it is full of partial truths. As above.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #128
    Sanctuary!
    The way you support your agenda is sickening.

See, easy to clear up.

We are just wondering why you lied about not posting in order to win over the swing vote.
    We?

I didn't lie, I told Everose to ask you about my agenda. I still don't see what my agenda is. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

If you read the post I'm assuming you're referring to;

"At this point, I'm not trying to do anything with these folks, they are beyond teaching... but those "swing voters" aren't. After a few mopre years of the Moral Majority running the show, I think people will return to a saner viewpoint."

you'll notice I didn't say it was my agenda, my job, my goal, my objective, my intention, my desire or my wish to reach swing voters. I said that after a few more years of the Moral Majority (this btw, is not a deragatory reference, but what they have called themselves, until recently, they refer to themselves as The Faith and Values Coalition) running the show views will change.

I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, that should be obvious. My agenda, if I must have one, is to express my views.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #129
    Sanctuary!
    I find the way you attempt to sell your POV sickening as it is full of partial truths.
    You said that already. I got it. So what?

As above
    As above what? You're denying it's true?
    Last edited by scroff; 11-12-2004 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spelin

10. The Drawing Room   -   #130
    I'm not trying to change anybody's mind, that should be obvious. My agenda, if I must have one, is to express my views.
    I am trying to change, not just people's minds, but how they express themselves, to maximize the effect of their messages.

I will state my opinions in order that they be subject to the perspectives of others. If I am enlightened, I will modify my thoughts.

I am after agenda-less discussion, not politcal propaganda.

I express my views, but I don't presume that they are always correct.

The board is yours.....................

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast