Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, you chose him..

Strangelove's Avatar I Need Sex
    "There's just a lot of allegations of vote fraud that place their elections, the validity of their elections, in doubt," Bush said. "The international community is watching very carefully. People are paying very close attention to this, and hopefully it'll be resolved in a way that brings credit and confidence to the Ukrainian government."
    Kettle - Black

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangelove

Im surprised busyman hasnt commented on that

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It'd be nice if someone else would lead the free world for a while.

We have too much of your dirty work to do to be fussed with such a trifle.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    It'd be nice if someone else would lead the free world for a while.

We have too much of your dirty work to do to be fussed with such a trifle.
    i think recent events have shown quite clearly...we don't lead the free world, we just think we do

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    i think recent events have shown quite clearly...we don't lead the free world, we just think we do
    Oh, quite right; we're just "The Talk of the Town", I guess...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Oh, quite right; we're just "The Talk of the Town", I guess...
    with that I agree.

To lead one needs followers, and frankly everyone just does what suits them, if they don't agree they just don't follow.

One could argue that the USA follows the UN, but then it doesn't if it disagrees.

If the USA is the "leader of the free world", the free world should have been invited to vote in the past elections

Calling the president the leader of the free world is an American thing...and Americans (generalization) believe he is. This is all part of what other nations see as America's arrogance...along with the "the usa is the greatest nation on earth" bit...
    The USA IS a great country, it's not perfect but it is great... we just have to understand that others will not agree

Last edited by vidcc; 12-03-2004 at 03:26 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    He bankrupted every company that he was ever in charge of, and gave you a record deficit from a surplus when he came in...

Now he's Bankrupting the USA's Current Account...
    51% of Americans are OK with this.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sid Hartha
    51% of Americans are OK with this.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    with that I agree.

To lead one needs followers, and frankly everyone just does what suits them, if they don't agree they just don't follow.

One could argue that the USA follows the UN, but then it doesn't if it disagrees.

If the USA is the "leader of the free world", the free world should have been invited to vote in the past elections

Calling the president the leader of the free world is an American thing...and Americans (generalization) believe he is. This is all part of what other nations see as America's arrogance...along with the "the usa is the greatest nation on earth" bit...
    The USA IS a great country, it's not perfect but it is great... we just have to understand that others will not agree

I do understand, believe me; their point couldn't be more clear.

I have no quarrel with sincere and well-thought-out disagreement; I am merely compelled on occasion to address some misapprehensions and ill-founded beliefs.

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Europeans have Sex Lives; Americans and Englishmen have Hot Water Bottles

Speak for your bloody self matey!!!

Ahhhhhhhh....sigh....what a great day I had....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast