Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Band AId thing?

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia
    No they didn't! they did it for publicity, half of them couldn't find Africa on a map if it was labeled and showed to them
    I did state that bit

Other than the one or two obvious ones, the rest are there for show and if the aim is to get there huge 14 and 15 year old fan bases into charity work then that's fine
    Yes but the fact remains they ALL done it for a good cause, whether or not it helps their career is irelevent, you think everyone in the last one done it just for the good of the people?

Elton John gave 50 grand to CIN, which made him look wonderful and will quite possibly encourage some old people to buy his new single, but he still gave 50grand, McFly done this thing with their single, you can't get better publicity than that, but they still helped the charity.

The one thing that did piss me off was Justin Hawkins throwing a tantrum cos he wanted to sing Bono's bit

Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    Are you suggesting we can only criticise the motives of some of these stars if we have done charity work ourselves?
    yeah basically

Well I've done charity work for a couple of years now so I guess I have a free-licence to bitch about these 15-minuters jumping on the bandwagon to whore themselves out a little longer. Not that I will though.
    No, I don't see why or how anyone can moan about anything anyone does for a good cause, if they get something out of it for themselfs which does not affect the charity then fair enough, why not?
    But the fact remains they did it FREE and for a good cause, I would say that deserves a little respect same as anyone who's ever helped a needy cause.

Thats my opinion anyway

Jonno
    Last edited by Jon L. Obscene; 11-21-2004 at 12:20 PM.

2. Music   -   #22
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It's still a shit song and anyone can freely criticize a shit song, or a good one for that matter, regardless of it's aim. You'd just think that for a song with such good intentions they would have gotten actual singers instead of puppets

The fact of the matter is, it's shit - and people shouldn't feel bad for saying or thinking it because it is. They should still rush out on buy it, but maybe put it in the back of a draw and forget about it, or buy the original too

3. Music   -   #23
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Ok i have done charity work for 4 major organizations in Australia, i have donated lyrics to people who wanted to get their singing career started...so i can criticize this song to my hearts content...

When you have a UK Idol singing about famine in Africa...it kind of takes away a lot of shine...The Darkness will always be a shitty band with a twat as a lead singer and im pretty sure he couldn't give 2 shits about a starving kid in Africa...

Im just gonna donate $5 to them...f*ck buying that shitty recording of a piss poor song to begin with...and if you want me to write something better...then i will fecking well do it :p

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123