Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Networking Problem

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    How fu*king complicated do M$ want to make it??? I mean if it was a little bit hard I'd probably get around it, but this is a joke.
    I've never really had any problems networking two comps. If you were in South London and I wasn't doing anything tomorrow, I'd pop round and have a look.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette
    I've never really had any problems networking two comps. If you were in South London and I wasn't doing anything tomorrow, I'd pop round and have a look.
    Forest Hill close enough?

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    Setting up the accounts:

Your login on pc1 should match an account created on pc2
    your login on pc2 should match an account created on pc1

ie if you normally login with username samurai psword xyz on pc1 then that account should exist on pc2.
    It does work, enabling simple file sharing is the alternative and is easier.

Ok This has already been done and I'm on the verge of giving up. All I get now is the pop-up
    “You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The network path was not found.”
    Does anyone know of any software alternatives that I could download that would make this so much easier.

I know I haven't done anything wrong because I've followed about 10 different guides on the 'net. I'm angry btw

Software alternatives??

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Forest Hill close enough?
    Well, you're not too far away, I live somewhere in this grid (not the nuthouse, though!).
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12