Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LAN problem

Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    I just looked at the account type, and it doesn't have private, it just sais Computer administrator,and I don't have an option to change that. Also that is the only account I have on that computer.
    Typically when using any XP account that has a password enabled/required for logging on, during that first time the password was created, the option for making that account's folders "private" is presented.

If you wish to double-check if any of the accounts on any of your systems has this option enabled, simply go to:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user account name]

Right-click that account's folder and choose "properties". Go to the "Sharing" tab and check to make certain that the "private" box is not checked. While you are there you can also make certain that sharing is enabled over your network in the box below.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Aurora's Avatar Say CHEEEEEEEESS
    vivitron 15 : The router is fine, problem is not going on the internet, it is connecting to other computers in LAN and sharing a printer. Computers have same configuration (except local IP numbers and names), so if there is a problem in switch or router, none of the computers will be able to connect. I have six computers and only one have a problem. In my case router is just border between my LAN (as a whole) and ISP. Maybe I forgot to tell you that I have that router for four years, nothing chaged since then, and that on the computer that doesn't work I reinstalled the XP, it was working fine before that.

Izagaia : I'm not in town right now, so I'll check it on Sunday and tell you what I've found. I hope it works.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Missed my bus, I had time to check it out.

No man! First there is no user name (maybe cause there is only one admin account). I checked HDs and that option if off, fully shared is on!

Deam the Microsoft There is no same solution for the same problem!

Uh, any other ideas?:crying:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    I have the same problem, but a friend of mine is looking into it as I write this. I've actually gone as far as to receive error 53 messages. I'll keep you apprised.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Sounds good Samurai!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    Hmm....have u installed the Protocol and stuff that is there? Cuz I had the same problem, I had done the network setup wizard thing, but I realized I hadnt done the protocol and stuff. If u wanna find that menu, right click on ur network connection, and then go to properties, and install it..

Da Numba1Xclusive King

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    Hmm....have u installed the Protocol and stuff that is there? Cuz I had the same problem, I had done the network setup wizard thing, but I realized I hadnt done the protocol and stuff. If u wanna find that menu, right click on ur network connection, and then go to properties, and install it..
    I have TCP/IP protocol installed. And you are right, some computers (I think 98) need extra protocol...that has NIC card in the name. I checked that out, it has some extra protocols, but non match.
    I installed NWLink ipx/spx/netBios Compatible transport protocol. Didn't do anything.
    I think XP needs only TCP/IP protocol.

Tell me which one you installed and what system do you use? So I can compare.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Hey Samurai!

Managed to fix your prolem yet?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Come on guys!:crying: Please don't tell me this is it!

Samurai did you do something with your problem?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    have u tried a reinstall of XP?

and try this: go to each PC, and ping wach of the others and the router. make sure each can see all the others. if theres a problem with the actual network, then this will show it up - if its software, then this wont show it.
    <insert signature here>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast