View Poll Results: should the USA allow nuclear inspectors

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes so it can't be accused of double standards when it insists other countries are inspected

15 65.22%
  • yes because it has nothing to hide

0 0%
  • no it's nobody elses concern

0 0%
  • no they are the most powerful nation on earth and as such don't have to answer to anyone

1 4.35%
  • no because US security overides eveyone elses

0 0%
  • no because the USA isn't a threat to anyone

2 8.70%
  • yes because the USA is dangerous if unchecked

5 21.74%
  • no because it has nothing to hide

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: should the USA allow nuclear inspections?

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    @ hobbes surely then your answer would be no because they are not a threat to anyone

or the one where the us doesn't have to answer to anyone

My answer, which amazingly is not a choice, because I find them all a wee bit anti-US is
    To make it fair and balanced i tried to put as many options as possible within limits. you have to remember that some countries will see us as a threat, it's all relative to which side of the fence one sits. So i have to have options that allow for that viewpoint. I don't feel they are anti-US or pro US
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-24-2004 at 01:26 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    @ hobbes surely then your answer would be no because they are not a threat to anyone
    That's what I put.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #13
    It would be "no" because you can't make us.

As to not being a threat to anyone, I don't even see the relevance of that point to the question.

The only place which is not a threat is the South Pole.

But the United States does not see the United States as a nuclear threat to the United States. And we won't want to inspect the United States because we know what we have.
    Last edited by hobbes; 11-24-2004 at 01:32 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

option 4 then

no they are the most powerful nation on earth and as such don't have to answer to anyone
    Last edited by vidcc; 11-24-2004 at 01:35 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    option 4 then

no they are the most powerful nation on earth and as such don't have to answer to anyone

No, that is wrong, Vidcc.

It is because we are strong enough, to refuse inspection.

To answer #4 would be to insinuate that only the most powerful country can defer inspections. Many less powerful countries fit this bill as well.

Any country that has the minimum amount of power to resist inspections will do so.

I was also not aware that all other countries allowed nuclear inspections. Are you sure?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Yes.

And whilst they're at it shake america down for any chemical and biological weapons they've been developing.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday

As to not being a threat to anyone, I don't even see the relevance of that point to the question.

The only place which is not a threat is the South Pole.

But the United States does not see the United States as a nuclear threat to the United States. And we won't want to inspect the United States because we know what we have.

Its not all about the US you now

edit - and when did this becaome purely about nucelar weapons?

I might be mistaken but Vid did you mean power plants etc?
    Last edited by DanB; 11-24-2004 at 01:57 AM.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Its not all about the US you now

edit - and when did this becaome purely about nucelar weapons?

I might be mistaken but Vid did you mean power plants etc?

Well DanB, you might be right. Perhaps in countries without nuclear weapons, inspections of nuclear powerplants could be made to ensure that the "powerplant" wasn't a ruse for another endeavor- like a bomb, perhaps.

Or less blantantly, a place to perform tests in which to gain knowledge on how to actually construct a bomb.

At any rate, it would be ridiculous to inspect our nuclear powerplants for such activity as we have fully functioning nuclear weapons already.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    No, that is wrong, Vidcc.

It is because we are strong enough, to refuse inspection.

To answer #4 would be to insinuate that only the most powerful country can defer inspections. Many less powerful countries fit this bill as well.

Any country that has the minimum amount of power to resist inspections will do so.

I was also not aware that all other countries allowed nuclear inspections. Are you sure?
    But the question is about the usa which at the moment is the ones pushing loudest for other countries to be inspected.
    the question is for opinion as to should they allow inspections.not asking if anyone can force us to

10. Lounge   -   #20
    But the question is about the usa which at the moment is the ones pushing loudest for other countries to be inspected.
    the question is for opinion as to should they allow inspections.not asking if anyone can force us to
    No, that would stupid. It would give away military secrets. Next question.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast