Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Burn at 52X, Even Though I Have The Right Stuff

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    It takes longer to do that then the difference in burn time between 40x and 52x.

The faster burn speeds are only used when the very last bit of data is burned to a completely full disk. Only when a full 700 MB reaches it's end of burn.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Bah...40X it is then.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Does your computer have the capability to run at 52x? I have a semi-old comp and a 16x cd burner and the fastest I ever reached is maybe 13x. Although I did break the burner before I could try this , I activated the DMA setting on my harddrive which speed it up a great deal. Is the DMA on your harddrive and on your burner activated too?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Does your computer have the capability to run at 52x? I have a semi-old comp and a 16x cd burner and the fastest I ever reached is maybe 13x. Although I did break the burner before I could try this , I activated the DMA setting on my harddrive which speed it up a great deal. Is the DMA on your harddrive and on your burner activated too?
    Pentium III @ 1 GHz
    384 RAM

I'm pretty sure it can.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Heh I got better hardware then you do and I couldnt even get my 16x to burn at 16x. DMA can help speed up the transfer rates. Click here to enable DMA, should you care to. Thats the only thing I can think of besides just toughing it out and remembering nothing does what it's advertised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12