Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Santa in the Shopping Centre's

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    There's also something about just being nice makes one feel apriciated

Jonno

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Strangelove's Avatar I Need Sex
    Your appreciated Jonno

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    There's also something about just being nice makes one feel apriciated

Jonno

You treat people as you would like to be treated, Jonno. I hope you never stop doing this. It is a sad state of affairs that you have to stop and worry that it will be construed as anything but this.

It is people like you that make me return to a store again and again. I wish you were closer, I would bring my little grandgirls in to visit with you!!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I wish you were closer, I would bring my little grandgirls in to visit with you!!
    This is a good example, why is it when I read that something felt wrong?
    See thats not right and proves the point that it's just fecked up

Thankyou tho ER

Jonno

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Perhaps this is proof that open discussion is not always a good thing?

I don't know, when I was a kid, I don't remember ever worrying that someone would touch me inappropriately. I don't recall ever wondering if someone had ulterior motives because they were nice to me. Studies in the past have shown that the instances of kidnapping/molestation haven't increased in the last 20 or 30 years, (I'll try and find a study if requested), just that the openness of discussion about it has increased. We see reports of it more frequently than we did and it makes us fear things that we didn't fear years ago.

There is nothing wrong with being a nice person, just for the sake of being nice. I don't think the problem is with you Jon, I think the problem is with the stigmas that society has placed on those types of niceties.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    I guess I have never questioned when someone is being nice that it was anything but they were just a nice person. Maybe I have led a sheltered life or something.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    The best thing is when a lil kid imitate me, like I stand there with my arms folded and this lil lad was recreating every move I done

There was actually an incident a while back with a woman and her 3 daughters, she's very ........odd, no tv allowed nor puters or games, kids in bed by 7pm even the 12 y/o and all that kind of stuff, never smiles, well her youngest would be about 5, she had a sad face so I went down to her level and asked her why the sad face and then proceeded to pull faces at her, made her laugh but her mum pulled her away as if I was gonna hurt her, I mean come on it's a bit much don't you think, I was quite upset about that.

Jonno

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I think I probably would have been laughing as hard as the little girl was. I've seen some the faces you pull.

As I stated before though, it is a shame that people can't just accept someone being nice. I personally don't think you should stop being nice because some people don't get it. It makes you happy to see people smile and laugh, if that's your only motive, then why not? For every person that sneers at you for it, there's probably another who'd say you made their day.
    Last edited by NikkiD; 11-26-2004 at 09:13 PM.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Interesting thinking tho is'nt it, I mean being on building sites etc I never spoke to any kids but being in a shop which is where all the kids go on their way home from school kinda puts you in a different situation, prolly just cos I's a big kid too

Jonno

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Strangelove's Avatar I Need Sex
    Big?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123