Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Scotland for World Cup 3006
    Ever the optimist

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3

Strachan for the win tbh.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I think I would have preferred Strachan - anybody that could make Southampton believe in themselves deserves a chance at the "worst job"
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Let Walter Smith get sacked having done all the hard work in turning the team around (hopefully) and then Strachan can take the reigns.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Walter Smith is the best man for the job. No doubts.

Strachan is a little young and woefully inexperienced to be considered for the job. It wasn't he that got Southampton believing in themselves, it was Hoddle before him. Strachan merely took over a buoyant team and kept them at that level. His record previous to that is pretty non descript. Also I don't believe Strachan would have a decent knowledge of the Scottish Players pool.

Walter Smith is definitely the better choice at this time.

However, Nothing is going to mask the dearth of quality players. When I was growing up I remember players like Richard Gough, Ally McCoist, Paul McStay, Colin Hendry, Mo Johnston and Jim Leighton playing in the Scotland team. Now there is no-one that springs to mind as an established 'star'.

Hopefully the SFA will give Walter a good run to put his system in place so he can reap the benefits of the younger genration coming through because at present the talent levels have to be at an all time low.

Also I think Wales will find themselves in a similar situation in a couple of years, a lot of our top players have retired recently
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Sports Club   -   #16

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    I have never forgiven the Scotland Team, or indeed the Welsh for that.
    Eh? Your blaming the national teams for the death of Scotland legend?

The man died doing his job. Blaming national teams seems rather irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    We actually used to have a football team which could give pretty much anybody a game.
    Aye like Iran and Peru..to name but a few

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Hey cellick bhoy, I read it.

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    BANNED BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Walter Smith is the best man for the job. No doubts.

Strachan is a little young and woefully inexperienced to be considered for the job. It wasn't he that got Southampton believing in themselves, it was Hoddle before him. Strachan merely took over a buoyant team and kept them at that level. His record previous to that is pretty non descript. Also I don't believe Strachan would have a decent knowledge of the Scottish Players pool.

Walter Smith is definitely the better choice at this time.

However, Nothing is going to mask the dearth of quality players. When I was growing up I remember players like Richard Gough, Ally McCoist, Paul McStay, Colin Hendry, Mo Johnston and Jim Leighton playing in the Scotland team. Now there is no-one that springs to mind as an established 'star'.

Hopefully the SFA will give Walter a good run to put his system in place so he can reap the benefits of the younger genration coming through because at present the talent levels have to be at an all time low.

Also I think Wales will find themselves in a similar situation in a couple of years, a lot of our top players have retired recently
    better than Alex Ferguson?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12