Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (S)VCD or DVD?

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    What blank meda format will a PS2 read?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Why don't u just use nerovision express to do all the job for u if you have nero? I know its not the best for the job but IMO the easiest and after all your not gonna get the same quality as a shop bought original dvd anyway and a lot of the quality will depend on how the avi was made in the first place, if the avi is'nt very good quality neither will the finished dvd be, tempgenc is an excellent encoder but quite tricky to set up right and does have problem with sound, it sounds to me that when u encoded the avi to mpeg that u may have made the wrong output files or not encoded the sound as these are set up seperate, I don't think there is much difference in a finished svcd and dvd anyway there about on a par quality wise. A easy prog u could use if u don't have nero is cucusofts http://www.avi-vcd.com/ which keeps things simple.
    What blank meda format will a PS2 read?
    Theres been debate in here but nothing cast in stone but I've never got anything to work other than dvd-r and svcd.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    The most n00b friendly app Ive ever tried and can do an avi to vob in about an hour...
    DivxToDVD_setup.exe

http://www.vso-software.fr/
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-05-2004 at 03:12 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I would just burn the VCD since the picture quality is going to be the same, and CD's are cheaper. It would probably be a little easier too.
    Last edited by speeddemon5988; 12-05-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12