Thread: My Future Case Mod

I have decided to make my own cube case. Since all the cases ive seen out there are way too expensive for me. Here is what the finished item will look like. Only real differences are the cooling and the LCD in the front.

Im thinking ill go with eight 60mm fans. 4 in each corner of the sides.the ones on the top blowing in the same direction and the ones on the bottom blowing in the opposite direction. Anyone got any better ideas for cheap cooling? Its gotta stay quiet though

Later, down the future... im probably going to make another one. Only difference is that I will find a 8 or 10" LCD monitor and put in in the front of the case. So it will be an all in one pc.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    60mm fans are noisy. Most applications of 60mm fans is used where space is really tight. Since you're building a square, I would go with 80mm or even bigger. Your choice of inspiration is interesting but here's some pics I would lean towards:

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Or HyperCube...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Heh, I was just looking at those first 3 earlier. I want the inside to be as visible as possible.

I actually just found a 10.4" LCD touchscreen for $50. That would be great for the 2nd pc I want to build.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Heh, I was just looking at those first 3 earlier. I want the inside to be as visible as possible.
    Then building the cube itself is the easiest part of the project.
    Tarting up all the internal components (with the attendant risk of killing them in the process) will be the tricky part.

Good luck.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    You want to use 60mm fans?
    Use 80mm at least, 120mm if possible. 60s are wayyyy to loud (at their full voltage, anyway).