Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK Governement..

Poster
    "THIS WAY UP" descretely woven into the top seam?
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy

Or perhaps Made In England on our northern brothers' flags

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    That depends upon whether the flagpole is on the left

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    US Flag Laws and Regulations

There's ALOT to take in here...

I especially found the following very interesting:

Sec. 4.
    That no disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America -- the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

1. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    2. The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
    3. The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
    4. The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
    5. The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
    6. The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
    7. The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
    8. The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
    9. The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
    10. No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.
    11. The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    1. The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
    I rest my case M'Lord

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I rest my case M'Lord
    Your sig flag was torn though.

Run and hides
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Where does it say it cant be Ripped?

It says that it can't be stored in a manner to make it easilly ripped... nothing about it being ripped.

Mine was flying on a Flagpole

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    The quality has dropped since flagmaking was outsourced to indonesia

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Where does it say it cant be Ripped?

It says that it can't be stored in a manner to make it easilly ripped... nothing about it being ripped.

Mine was flying on a Flagpole
    Why not throw some mud on it to for good measure, eh?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    If it's ripped then by rule 11 you are allowed to burn it...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast