Thread: Should Children be Hit as a form of Punishment

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Does a stun gun count?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    Does a stun gun count?
    no words can describe your evil
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 12-08-2004 at 08:12 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    no words can describe your evil

True - but zzzzzzztt! is good.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #34
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Assaulting them is not the answer. Just tell them that they will not get out of the cage if they dont behave.

In my opinion it is all about trust. If your children trust you then they will do as you ask. It is also easier when you are teaching them to swim.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    children should be hit as a form of entertainment too

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Poster
    I think a lot depends on the child and the child's age. I think it should be used sparingly, as a last resort, and then with the hand on the bottom only.

I always felt like I had failed somehow more than the child the few times I had to do this.

I once witnessed a man (who was using crutches to walk) beat his son with his crutch in a department store parking lot. I reported him, and would do it again.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I think a lot depends on the child and the child's age. I think it should be used sparingly, as a last resort, and then with the hand on the bottom only.

I always felt like I had failed somehow more than the child the few times I had to do this.

I once witnessed a man (who was using crutches to walk) beat his son with his crutch in a department store parking lot. I reported him, and would do it again.
    snitch (that's the closest word)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    I haven't voted in the poll - there needs to be a better definition of "hit".

I would never, under any circumstances "hit" my child.

I would and have spanked them, generally when they are doing something that jeopardizes their safety, and only after other forms of punishment, such as standing in the corner or taking a time out have failed. It hasn't happened often.

That said, I wouldn't use anything other than my open hand to spank them.
    ditto, ditto, ditto.....a belt is ok eh? Thats' what I got and Im ok. The belt taught me not to screw up. When I was little, I would think about that belt before doing things I wasnt supposed to do. That was the purpose, it worked.

yo

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    snitch (that's the closest word)

Hey now. It is not easy being a .... snitch. I interferred as the cops were on their way and barely missed getting hit by the crutch myself. At least the child was released while the Dad took his fury out on me.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Small children that really cannot understand the meaning of the word "danger" should be swatted on the bum hard enough to cause negative re-enforcement for the act.

Older children, who understand the meaning should NOT be hit, that is simply bad parenting.

My parents never hit me and never needed to. They treated me like a terrorist. No negociation, no compromise. All threats were followed through. They used the psychological game that "we are not mad at you, just disappointed". So if I acted up in a store, I would feel ashamed for letting down the family. I would then be taken home and confined to my room, then I had to explain what I had done wrong and apologise.

All those kids acting up in stores are the product of poor parenting past the age of 3 or 4. By that time your Mother should have "the look" which lets your know that you are about to cross the line.

Hitting kids at this age does no good. Once they can understand the meaning of the words, taking away privledges is the answer.

Eventually the kid will grow too big for spanking and so what do you do then? You need to use a tool of correction that is independent of the size or age of a child.

As to the original poster, hitting children in school is absolutely out of bounds. You are absolutely right, it will make children resent authority figures. Plus, many of those nuns are crazy and rapping fingers is how they get their jollies. It should not be an option.

If a kid falls asleep in class, the teacher should get that student a cup of coffee, heavy on the cream and sugar. Now, bitch!
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast