Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If im connected at 1.0 mbps

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by jaigandhi5
    post a screen shot from http://www.dslreports.com/stest not from ur network connections all that shows is how fast ur ethernet is at...doesnt mean ur isp is giving u that speed...
    It's like talking to a brick wall, eh?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    It's like talking to a brick wall, eh?

yea really annoying they think they are TeH L33t h4X0R just cuz they have 22mbps down

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jaigandhi5
    yea really annoying they think they are TeH L33t h4X0R just cuz they have 22mbps down
    w/3 d00d 1m ju5 54y1ng
    so u sayin i cant say wut i wanna say?
    i dunno wut country u live in but if u didnt knoe that the US is a free country u can do wut u plz as long as its Legal and a few illegal things such as d/ling

EDIT: and http://www.dslreports.com/stest doeant really tell u ur real d/l speed b/c when i do the test it says my d/l spped is like 1.5Mbps and i only get 160Kbps max
    Last edited by h121589; 12-10-2004 at 05:13 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by h121589
    w/3 d00d 1m ju5 54y1ng
    i dunno wut country u live in but if u didnt knoe that the US is a free country u can do wut u plz as long as its Legal and a few illegal things such as d/ling

EDIT: and http://www.dslreports.com/stest doeant really tell u ur real d/l speed b/c when i do the test it says my d/l spped is like 1.5Mbps and i only get 160Kbps max
    You just contradicted yourself. 1500 bits divided by 8 = around 185 bytes.

People... go to your ISP's website and check the services they give and compare to how much you are paying. Divide that speed by 8. That is the fastest you can d/l. Or call your ISP and ask them what your connection speed is supposed to be and divide that by 8.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Poster
    w/3 d00d 1m ju5 54y1ng
    Look, if people tell you things in here and you keep bleating on about the same thing as if you haven't read a fucking word, this is exactly what is going to happen.
    It's not just in here, but IRL too - if you manage to find employment when you leave education, you are going to have to communicate and converse with other people without copping the hump like a three year old who's had his lollipop taken away.

The problem is that you don't appear to have even read TheDave's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    8 b's in one B, remember. in theory 1mbps will get about 128 kBps but you'll get about 110.
    Listen carefully and understand: there is a real difference between uppercase and lowercase letters...
    b=bit and B=Byte. There are 8 bits in a byte.
    Kb=Kilobit and KB=KiloByte. There are 8 Kilobits in a Kilobyte.
    Mb=Megabit and MB=MegaByte. Again, there are 8 Megabits in a Megabyte.
    Also: there are 1024 Kb in a Mb and 1024 KB in a MB,
    That said, maybe you can work out that 160KB/sec (aka KBps) is roughly the same as 1.5Mb/sec (aka Mbps).
    If you're still unsure about your connection speed, go back and check out exactly what speeds are being quoted.
    Last edited by Smurfette; 12-10-2004 at 10:21 AM.
    if your font size is this small i'll add you to my ignore list because you're wasting my time, OK?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Poster
    you think a simply thread like this wouldnt get over 4 pages...seriously, if you want to get your speed CALL YOUR DAMN ISP. you cant rely on dslreports 100% because you gotta take other stuff in mind. 1. how heavy the traffic is going to their server , 2. where is the location of the server you took the test from.

my speeds varies from dslreports all the time, going from 1.6mbps to 3mbps.

if you are getting the dl rate that you are paying for, or 90% of it, than everything is correct
    Last edited by Mr. Elmo; 12-10-2004 at 05:55 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    w/3 d00d 1m ju5 54y1ng

another post that deserves to be on bash.org

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234