Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What FileSharing newsgroups do you use?

I was pretty sure what his intention was regarding non binaries although it just struck as Ive been looking for somewhere to have a forum that would do as I mentioned earlier and as far as I know there is nothing that I know of that would be any problem either.

Also in Guides could be a how to ul tutorial. If this became popular and their were only a couple of posters or those that could do request then it may well bring quite a bit of traffic here to the board...

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    Site Owner
    Ok I PMed you Reality
    Last edited by rookiecrd1; 12-15-2004 at 08:43 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    News Groups (Main Catagory)
    Guides And Tutorials (Perhaps Pinned In Main Section)
    (Different Readers and Usenet Servers Information Also Pinned)

(Sub Catagory)
    Request
    Spots & Posts
    Intent To Post (Should Have Poll Ability)

This could could draw traffic for News users as posting fills and request in the groups can get lost quickly.
    Well rookiecrd1 is considering this now and I guess its in Team now.
    He pm me and asked me to post that that I thought this should be
    a Sub section in File Sharing next to Bittorent and other apps and
    as I mentioned with the following Sub sections...

News Groups (Main Catagory)
    Guides And Tutorials (Perhaps Pinned In Main Section)
    (Different Readers and Usenet Servers Information Also Pinned)

(Sub Catagory)
    Request
    Spots & Posts
    Intent To Post (Should Have Poll Ability)

Any other thoughts or suggestions post them.
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-16-2004 at 05:38 PM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    I think your list covers about everything.

hmm...asspie

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    i think that this would be a great system, though i reckon it could well be made even more popular if it were "automated" somewhat...

What would be good would be for a place which automatically added the items which were added to NG, and not rely on people posting in the forums, as they do here. Now, this is where it gets complicated - how to do it?

Well, as i see it theres a couple of ways, and im not sure if either are feasible (or possible)

Firstly, a "server pc" downloaded the headers at regular intervals for the binary groups

then it either posts lists of what it finds (i.e. all the different .rar files, as you would if you updated headers yourself) or (and this would seem more logical) it downloads all the .nzb files and lists them for download...if this were considered "dodgy ground" then just list all of the .nzb files, and dont provide ddl. this "server" need not be the FST server, people could donate bandwidth to it: say i download the headers from group 'x' then i would be willing to upload the new .nzb's to the site, as long as this could also be fairly automatic...get a load of people doing different groups, and jobs a goodun

The other way would be to use a prebot (which i dont fully understand) to list the new releases. As they are released, they are added to a listing. Each iso gets a row in the database, and it can be displayed in much the same way as nforce or one of them sites. The only difference being that members are able to add comments to the post as to where they have seen the release, be it NG, torrent sites, wherever. This way, FST would be the ultimate 0-day listings site, as it would be automated, but it would also give info as to where the stuff can be found.

Personally i like the second way, and i reckon it would generate a huge amount of traffic, and hence advertising income.
    Last edited by vivitron 15; 12-17-2004 at 12:19 PM.
    <insert signature here>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    I think nzb might be touchy ground perhaps just the par2 file would be more quiet sorta speak although some post dont contain a par2, although I think starting with posters and generating some traffic and seeing where this goes first would be a good idea and then go from there perhaps...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12