Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First PSP defect reports.

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i know first hand it happens with mini disc players

2. Games   -   #12
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    i think it'll be a third party fix. sony won't do anything unless theres more money in it for them
    you say this as if you have worked for them and know there should be know trusting them??? did sony release any other product with a major problem and not fix it, no! infact, the ps2 was numerously updated since its release, so please dont talk like you know something...

and no, no third party will fix problems such as those for this PSP, third party products dont even normally sell at the initial release as they need time to see what they can do to it, by then sony will have everything worked out

anyway... i garuntee they wouldnt ship a product with as many problems as stated in the original post, dieing pixels... maybe but im sure theyll fix that before the second shipment. the releasing of the game while playing, it appears to be bullshit to me, that kid is fucking with his PSP before it shoots out.

either way im not purchasing this product but i do beleive it will be a good one.
    Last edited by Bowen747x; 12-16-2004 at 07:34 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    i'm worried about stabbing the stylus through the touchscreen on my ds when i get it though
    One of my flatmates has one of the imports - You'd have to stab at the DS as hard as a PSP fan would to break through it

4. Games   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    the main reason the ps2 has been modified so many times is to combat piracy. one of the latest modifications is a 5v and 12v a wire were swapped so chippers burn the bios out by accident. since the release nothings been done to improve the appalling disc drive or improve games's performance.

think about it. how cost effective would it be to dismantle the 100,000s of PSPs already made, make new cases and repackage them. add to that the time slip of a release date nintendo timed to coincide with a second wave of high quality games.

btw ill. is it really as cool as it looks on t'internet?
    Last edited by TheDave; 12-16-2004 at 07:58 PM.

5. Games   -   #15
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    It's hard to get used to the dual screen display at first - The last thing you want to do is try out the Metroid Prime demo while pissed

But once you get used to it, the DS is a joy to play, even if only because it's a different way of playing things

6. Games   -   #16
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i ordered a japanese one so i don't get the metroid demo

i got mario and some racing game to see me through to next year though

7. Games   -   #17
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 12-17-2004 at 09:55 AM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #18
    TheDave's Avatar n00b

The PSP will also have to solve some technical challenges, most notably concerns about battery life. Sony estimates that a fully charged PSP battery will be good for four to six hours of game playing.

But Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi acknowledged in a Japanese press interview last month that those estimates were for playing a simple puzzle or card game with the screen dimmed, speakers turned off, and wireless connectivity disabled. Turn on all the bells and whistles and load up a graphically complex racing game, and the battery will drain faster.
    useless without an in car charger then.
    Last edited by TheDave; 12-17-2004 at 01:13 PM.

9. Games   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3548&likref=link

these guys were getting 3 hours playing ridge racer in some pretty h4r5h conditions. constant movement on the umd drive would probably have an effect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12