Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a PS2 with HDLoader??

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Yeah GameStop was the first place I checked. I guess Sony got upset about people putting PS2 games into the HDD, so they made the new slim one dammit.

2. Games   -   #12
    if you have a retail copy of HDLoader or HDAdvance, you don't necessarily need a modchip, flip top or slide tool at all. real PS2 discs don't require any special trick to install 'em. burned discs can be installed by a few different methods... and there is a way to do it without any modding, flipping, swapping or sliding.

after you format an HD in the PS2, you can take the HD out and put it into a PC... then use a program called HDLDump (i think that's a DOS program with no menu; the Windows menu version is called HDLDumb) to copy PS2 games onto the HD. then just stick the HD back into the PS2 and play the games via HDLoader/HDAdvance. that's a small hassle, but on the positive side the PC can install games much faster than the PS2 DVD drive does and you'll be saving from the PS2 DVD drive from a lot of wear. after using HDLoader/HDAdvance to start a game, you can even eject the HDLoader/HDAdvance disc so the DVD drive is no longer spinning at all.

if you want to install burned discs through the PS2 DVD drive, then you need a mod chip or a slide tool or a flip top + Swap Magic.

as for the difference between HDLoader and HDAdvance... HDAdvance is indeed a copy of HDLoader with the menus changed slightly. the only significant difference has to do with using Swap Magic + flip top to install CD games. if you try to copy a "large" CD game (650mb-700mb) via the PS2 DVD drive with Swap Magic, HDLoader fails to do that correctly. HDAdvance comes with a second disc which supposedly does a better job with copying CD games. but if you're copying the games to the HD by a different method (like HDLDump), then the second disc will be pretty useless to you.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-17-2004 at 09:00 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Don't know if ur intrested since u seem to want a new one but I was thinking I might sell mine if ur intrested?! It has a modchip, Case has been modified and has a window cut in it, Blue led that shines out of the front vent when on, 80GB HD,network adapter.....

4. Games   -   #14
    BOUT2BUS
    I have a new slimline PS2.
    I installed a SlimTool and use SwapMagic 3.3, with no problems.. it doesnt void your warranty because your not taking the console apart (unlike the fliptop lid method).
    I got the SlimTool from http://www.pop-uk.info

5. Games   -   #15
    muchspl2
    hdloader does not void warrenty.

6. Games   -   #16
    A modded PS2 sounds great, but I really like the fact that HDLoader lets you copy them to the HDD. I don't want to play burnt games, I want to rent/borrow games, then copy them strait to the HDD. Its pretty hard to find a new not-slim PS2 now...

@freak
    Can you post an image of your PS2?

7. Games   -   #17
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    why dont you just get a used one?

8. Games   -   #18
    I don't know, I don't like used/refurbished stuff. You never know what it's been through...

9. Games   -   #19
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Try Wal-Mart?

My Blog
    I'm still here.

10. Games   -   #20
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast