Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: How Bout Dem Wizards!!! (NBA)

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Hmmm......what rules are you using? Australian?
    No, Busy. That's a different sport.

Say, do you agree that I copied and pasted correctly earlier? Cos that's what it boils down to.
    tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball;
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Sports Club   -   #82
    Where's the broom?

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    No, Busy. That's a different sport.

Say, do you agree that I copied and pasted correctly earlier? Cos that's what it boils down to.
    tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball;
    I forgot to add that's a penalty from FIFA rules. Maybe you don't use those.

Oh and unlike you (since I actually play the game) I don't need google but since you want to tell me about a game you know shit about, here ya go....

(1) A defender may apply contact with a forearm to an offensive player with the ball who has his back to the basket below the free throw line extend-ed outside the Lower Defensive Box.
    (2) A defender may apply contact with a forearm and/or one hand with a bent elbow to an offensive player in a post-up position with the ball in the Lower Defensive Box.
    (3) A defender may apply contact with a forearm to an offensive player with the ball at any time in the Lower Defensive Box. The forearm in the above exceptions is solely for the purpose of main-taining a defensive position.
    (4) A defender may position his leg between the legs of an offensive player in a post-up position in the Lower Defensive Box for the purpose of main-taining defensive position. If his foot leaves the floor in an attempt to dis-lodge his opponent, it is a foul immediately.
    many of the rules are written in general terms while the need for the rule may have been created by specific play situations. This practice eliminates the necessity for many additional rules and provides the officials the latitude and authority to adapt application of the rules to fit conditions of play in any particular game.
    Since you captainobviously have never seen an NBA game (or else your argument is rather pointless) and want to use teh web to tell you whether basketball is a contact sport or not, the above blurb gives you a stiff STFU.
    Next time don't just look for the word "contact" within a web page and roll with it.

If someone ever wants to put their child in a non-contact sport, don't just read the web about it. Watch a game.

You are in my pocket, once again.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-16-2005 at 05:58 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Sports Club   -   #84
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Are you alrite or what.

I've read what you've posted but I'm not sure of it's purpose. I think you're contending my assertion that a player can't make contact with another player before a tackle.

This is clearly nonsense.

Scenario:

A centre forward is running with the ball, his body shielding the ball from opposing players. A defender is running alongside him, shoulder to shoulder, trying to alter the centre forwards body-shape such that he can steal the ball. However the centre forward is too strong for him to do that so he makes a slide-tackle and knocks the ball for a throw-in.

So there you have it. Contact, just before the tackle.

If I've misunderstood your intention, please re-iterate it ad nauseum.

Btw, I don't get it. You deride me for googling and posting rules - saying that common sense and experience > rules and then you post some rules. Seriously, wtf
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #85
    Are you alrite or what.

I've read what you've posted but I'm not sure of it's purpose. I think you're contending my assertion that a player can't make contact with another player before a tackle.

This is clearly nonsense.

Scenario:

A centre forward is running with the ball, his body shielding the ball from opposing players. A defender is running alongside him, shoulder to shoulder, trying to alter the centre forwards body-shape such that he can steal the ball. However the centre forward is too strong for him to do that so he makes a slide-tackle and knocks the ball for a throw-in.

So there you have it. Contact, just before the tackle.

If I've misunderstood your intention, please re-iterate it ad nauseum.

Btw, I don't get it. You deride me for googling and posting rules - saying that common sense and experience > rules and then you post some rules. Seriously, wtf
    Admittedly....

I know about shoulder to shoulder contact (or shoulder charge) however I did what you did...

You conveniently picked out rules that say no contact regarding basketball and left out rules that allow contact (even after I pointed out some reasons ffs)

In essence if soccer is a contact sport then so is basketball.
    It's hilarious that you have nothing to say regarding contact in basketball. Maybe you should have watched a game before making comment.

Consider yourself cornered and pocketed.
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-16-2005 at 12:06 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #86
    manker's Avatar effendi
    If you say it enough times, it'll be real.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Sports Club   -   #87
    If you say it enough times, it'll be real.
    To bad it's true....in every way in this case.

You shown yourself to be a "shit googler and lack common sense."
    Last edited by Busyman; 05-16-2005 at 12:27 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #88
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Just because it's a new page, doesn't mean that what I stated on the last didn't happen.

I have no intention of reiterating. I am entirely satisfied with the assertions I made, you could not refute them, choosing instead to skirt around the issue and hurl insults - tho' your grandstanding bravado is commendable .. if you're into that sort of thing.

9. Sports Club   -   #89
    Just because it's a new page, doesn't mean that what I stated on the last didn't happen.

I have no intention of reiterating. I am entirely satisfied with the assertions I made, you could not refute them, choosing instead to skirt around the issue and hurl insults - tho' your grandstanding bravado is commendable .. if you're into that sort of thing.
    Oooh lord.

You made the assertion that basketball is a non-contact sport. If you have ever watched a game, you'd know this not be true. Yet you quoted rules saying there is no contact....b b b but there rules allowing contact clearly stated.

I then conveniently found rules in soccer not allowing contact but left out one's that do allow it.

The difference is I know soccer since I've played it (watched it). You obviously don't know basketball....which is cool. Keep to your one sport.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Sports Club   -   #90
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Wasn't he trying to rebut them (your assertions).
    Last edited by JPaul; 05-16-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast