View Poll Results: Abortion: For Or Against

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

59 56.73%
  • Against

11 10.58%
  • For only in certain circumstances. Explain (rape, incest, save the mother, etc.)

34 32.69%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion: For Or Against?

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I think the man should have absolutely no say so.

It ain't his body. Nuff said.
    It's his DNA. And if she has the child, he is responsible for it. He should have a say in whether his child can be born. All this "it's her body" is crap. The baby inside was made by both of them, it's not hers alone.

EDIT: If that is the case, then why are men forced to pay child support for children that they didn't want their girlfriends to have? It's her body, right? It's her decision? Why should he be forced to pay for her decision?
    Last edited by NikkiD; 12-23-2004 at 06:39 PM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I am not for abortion personally, but i am pro choice. I haven't voted because i don't feel any option represents that.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    It's his DNA. And if she has the child, he is responsible for it. He should have a say in whether his child can be born. All this "it's her body" is crap. The baby inside was made by both of them, it's not hers alone.

EDIT: If that is the case, then why are men forced to pay child support for children that they didn't want their girlfriends to have? It's her body, right? It's her decision? Why should he be forced to pay for her decision?
    That's the point.

BTW-Men are sometimes required to pay support for children who are not their own; even when proper paternity is not questioned, and the birth-father is not in hiding.

I know this, because it happened to me-15 years-worth-the court acknowledged all of these facts, but decided that I was it, and that was all she wrote.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Lounge   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    for: if the baby will be severly handicapped or the mother will probably die

against: pretty much every other circumstance. if you got yourself pregnant it's your own selfish fault, stick it out and get the baby adopted. if you get raped though tough luck, 10 months out of your life is nothing on the whole life of the baby, again just get it adopted

5. Lounge   -   #15
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    100% for abortion, which has been practiced all throughout history. Herbal lore was common knowledge through the ages,and widely practiced, as was contraceptive measures.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Poster
    I'm against abortion but only if the mother's life is endangered then I'm for.that's the only reason I can think of for legalising abortion.I do not think it's right to abort a handicapped babies.Are they not human beings?If that is the case,why not we kill other handicapped people?

7. Lounge   -   #17
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i posted too early in the morning. now i think its only wrong after the fetus starts to look cute. the law got it right

8. Lounge   -   #18
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I am not for it as a personal choice for myself however i am pro choice. I believe in the right of adults to make their own decisions under correct medical guidelines. I would like to see tighter controls on the time allowed.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by human_pet
    I'm against abortion but only if the mother's life is endangered then I'm for.that's the only reason I can think of for legalising abortion.I do not think it's right to abort a handicapped babies.Are they not human beings?If that is the case,why not we kill other handicapped people?
    I totally agree there, yet I am pro choice.

Killing the handicapped, as long as they are not in pain, is way unfair. We let criminals live yet we don't want a handicapped person to be alive because we'll feel sorry for them??

Given the choice, I'd live handicapped, as long as I wasn't in constant agony. It'd be the ultimate contemplation, wouldn't it? No worries, just thought.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    If I got a woman pregnant, I could never live with agreeing to an abortion.

As an agnostic, that would be that embryo's only chance at existence.

For those who like to believe in God, I'm sure he would sort that shit out. I'm not sure why they worry about this subject. No loving God would penalize one who is killed, unborn.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast