Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Important Questions

Site Owner
    The problem is that I don't get any of these bugs. I need a detailed list of all the bugs and the exact error messages people are getting. Please create a thread for this.

I think some of these errors were just fixed a few hours ago, atleast the ones that were related to a server apache problem.

more traffic would be great. can we start a torrent site now and cash in, what about just expanding the NG section where we can post .nbs
    would generate great traffic if it was hidden (as should be the guides) for members only and updated often for people with news bin accounts.
    There's a fine line between what is legal and what is illegal. I don't want to jeopardize the forum being shut down. In the past when I was about to do such things, people jumped all over me saying that i will get the forum shut down.

It's always you that's saying you don't have the time to be around. You tell us what it is you think you don't have time to do.
    Right now I don't see anything that there is to do (besides fixing the errors which i am working on, see above). Also I have cleared up most of the things in my personal life and I do have mroe time here, however I can't do anything if there isn't anything to do
    Brian

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    muchspl2
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    How about starting with the problems like getting a database error when posting sometimes but then going back to find the post has gone thorugh?

or pm's not registering when you recieve tthem

or people not being able to log out

or error messages when making saves in the user cp
    thats a given, I image ike got frustrated with this among with everything else.
    If I had to guess, but anyway we have to fix these major problems before we win new users.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Well Ive uploaded the KL++ Updates at 260 full copies just on my client through SuprNova with some assitants from Gre1, which would mean at least a few thousand grabs before it went down but now that its offline Ide like to put it up on other bt sites that also have heavy traffic like http://www.torrentspy.com/ and others.

Im trying to figure how the built in tracker works on AZ so that I dont have to be cocerned about using others and then perhaps Ill put up some other torrents as well that may bring a bit of traffic also. Any other suggestions along these lines may be good also.

As for the NG area we will hopefully grow into some regular posters and perhaps that can also genertate some traffic also...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-28-2004 at 01:36 AM.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    muchspl2
    let us post nbs and you can grow 10x I bet.
    has to be for members only.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    I feel the front page https://filesharingtalk.com needs urgently needs to be updated now. It is very outdated and some links point to scam site:

https://filesharingtalk.com/full_news.php?newsid=60

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    I wouldn't recommend that at all.

With all the commotion going on at the moment, you have to stay on the right side of the law as much as possible. As for being members only, so were torrents at most of the places that were shut down.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    I cant make that decision although Ive already stated my opinion for now which is not to considering how close in nature an nzb and a torrent is and recent events it would just seem like it could be an easy target. If you can make reasoning that it will not bring any trouble do so, but how could anyone as its never been challanged yet that I know of, believe me Ide really like us to do this also but I dont think its not worth the risk for now.

I think building up the Post, Spots & Requests section, that means all News users here should chip in, to where its full and appealing and allowing the lurkers to see it without signing up for now is a good idea and then we can make it members only later then forcing the lurkers to be a part the community perhaps...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-28-2004 at 02:19 AM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Site Owner
    Thanks Reality, I do appreciate all you have done and are doing.

Brian

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    muchspl2
    yea but if we had nbs section, it would be great, its the kazaa hash/bt torrent of today, we need this to grow.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    My understanding of an Admin is that they should be capable of maintaining the forum on a technical basis. It is different to being a moderator, which is based more around member management.

Can they not be kept totally separate.

If so then a technically competent individual should be given the job as an admin but have absolutely no responsibility for dealing with the forum as a community - just for maintaining the software that provides a place for us to post our thoughts.

A person who springs to my mind is Rossco. He knows an obscene amount about computers and I think he would do an OK job looking after the functionality of the software here. Right, he is 16 but provided he doesn't get lumbered with dealing with the rants of the more obstreperous among us, isn't expected to move any off-topic posts around and is left to get on the this specific job, I think it will be fine.

There may be other members too but I think the technically competent part is vital. No point promoting someone who thinks IE is a damn good browser, for example.

With regard to the other point, the forum works fine for me, most of the time. I am happy with it. I do appreciate that some folk have problems but I can't say as I've noticed so won't comment. Some extra members would be handy but provided we don't lose more then I'm okay with that too.

The only thing I would say is that IPB seemed to work better for people in general. Would there be any possibility of moving back to that software without losing the proverbial shedful of posts.

I'll second the Rossco idea! I'v said it before, mature beyond his years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast