Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts to offer Godfather

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    ok then, name some great games made by EA, and post some scores of those games from trusted game sites. i know art and masterpieces when i see it, and i can certainly say EA is after money and they dont give 2 shits about the consumers and what they like.

edit: MOHAA, that's number 3 to add to the list of "good" games released by EA. (not the MOH series, anything after MOHAA sucks big time)
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-09-2005 at 09:04 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    ok then, name some great games made by EA, and post some scores of those games from trusted game sites. i know art and masterpieces when i see it, and i can certainly say EA is after money and they dont give 2 shits about the consumers and what they like.

edit: MOHAA, that's number 3 to add to the list of "good" games released by EA. (not the MOH series, anything after MOHAA sucks big time)

NFSU 1
    NFSU 2
    MOHAA (And sequals)
    Burnout 3
    NBA Street Vol 3
    Fifa 2005
    Champions League 2005
    Battlefield Vietnam
    The Sims 2
    NASCAR SimRacing
    Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
    TimeSplitters 3
    Def Jam Fight For NY

Just to name a few, although im not a massive fan of them they have made some class games (Burnout 3 for example) and they make some shit games.

3. Games   -   #33
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    NFSU 1
    NFSU 2
    MOHAA (And sequals)
    Burnout 3
    NBA Street Vol 3
    Fifa 2005
    Champions League 2005
    Battlefield Vietnam
    The Sims 2
    NASCAR SimRacing
    Oddworld Stranger's Wrath
    TimeSplitters 3
    Def Jam Fight For NY

Just to name a few, although im not a massive fan of them they have made some class games (Burnout 3 for example) and they make some shit games.
    I have to agree with Peerzy there.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-09-2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #34
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    EA is a publisher not a developer. they release shit games and buy there developers shit licenses and force them to rush. occasionally we get a good game.

i reckon it's a two tier tactic of there's. 80% of the games are colourful shite aimed at teenie boppers and parents, no real effort just a names and advertising.
    20% of the games are really worked on. aimed at the proper gamer, delays are acceptable and it sells off gameplay.

maybe anyway

5. Games   -   #35
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    EA did release the masterpeice known as BF1942, but they neglected to fix the retarded ai with any patch.

They didnt release a SDK for either bf42 or bfv, and i doubt highly they will gor bf2.

They abandoned 42 once bfv came out, and bfv has been abandoned.

EA are corperate assholes, they dont care about the consumer, they just care about money.

6. Games   -   #36
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    yeah, the battlefield series would probably be better under a different publisher.

when battlefield vietnam came out there was a poll saying would you buy the game if there was no AI so i expect BF2 wont have any at all

if you watch the interviews at gamespot or gametrailers, the dude says there will be an SDK released before the game is available

the delays are promising though

7. Games   -   #37
    C & C Generals was good until they decide to abandon it despite the many glaring issues, not the least of them being the lack of any sort of anti cheat facilities abart from dodgy community mods that are easily bypassed.

In summary, if EA doesn't think they can squeeze some extra money out of people by doing something, they won't do it.

8. Games   -   #38
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You guys always complain abotu EA release shit games

well why is it we continue to BUY their so called shit games and let them make allot of money>??

9. Games   -   #39
    remember that scene in The Godfather where Fredo drives a speedboat and he's being chased by these Miami Vice dudes who are shooting at him with Uzis and rocket launchers? that roxxed. i hope they put that scene in the game.

10. Games   -   #40
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Ea wont release a proper SDK for BF2, they just release a bunch of stuff that makes making minimods easier.

A map maker, a .con editer, a special effect editor. What they need to do is stop being money-grubing assholes and release a real and proper SDK so modders can add keys, and make a real FULL modification.

More people play BF1942 than BF:V because it was crap.

Further proof that EA just wants money is those two excuses for expantion packs it released for BF1942, and the fact that the day BF:V came out, the patches for BF42 stoped.

Its real sad that BF1942 has been out for 5 years now, but non of the mods out for it are true "full conversions" because they lack the tooks to animate, and other petty bullshit that ea wont help the community with.

Yes BF2 mite be ok, EA has said that the AI has been overhauled, but as for modding is concerned: It most likely will be limited like in the past two releases.

I just dont understand why, with the BF1942 title alone i bet there has been 10,000+ emails sent to EA for a SDK and real modding tools, but they wont budge.

Oh, and i heard that CTF wont be supported when BF2 is shipped, thats really bad, even with a petition going around with 25,000+ signatures we havnt got any word on that.
    Last edited by Smith; 04-19-2005 at 10:15 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast