Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That manchester united goal..........

top stuff

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Retired
    Goal line technology to be discussed at the 119th Annual General Meeting of the International Football Association Board

Zurich, 5 January 2005 - Football's law-makers, the International F.A. Board, composed of representatives from the football associations of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as well as from FIFA, will be discussing amendments to various Laws of the Game when they meet for the 119th Annual General Meeting of this body at the Miskin Manor Hotel in Vale of Glamorgan (Wales) on Saturday, 26 February 2005.

Under "IV. Items for discussion" and in the context of goal line technology, the International Football Association Board will receive a presentation on a new technical proposal. A demonstration of the system is also planned at a time and place yet to be decided.

The International F.A. Board, the custodian of the Laws of the Game, is composed of The Football Association (England), The Scottish Football Association, The Football Association of Wales, The Irish Football Association and FIFA. FIFA has four votes on behalf of all FIFA member associations, while the British member associations each have one vote. For a proposal to succeed, it must receive the support of six votes, a three-quarter majority.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I was sitting across from the shot, it definitely went over the line.

United were all over them, Spurs are rubbish. If the goal had been given and a 0-1 outcome resulted from this, then it would not have reflected United's utter dominance.

I am available to state the obvious at any time, at your collective convenience.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    One of the skysports commontators said the ray carroll`s hand touch the back of the net when he scooped the ball out.I thought he was exaggerating until i seen the goal.
    Last edited by enoughfakefiles; 01-06-2005 at 12:00 AM. Reason: i spelt said wrong.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    In the spirit of fair play, the Manchester United players should have informed the referee that it was a goal.

But then again, why should they, after all, they are just spoilt brats who never grew up.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I was sitting across from the shot, it definitely went over the line.

United were all over them, Spurs are rubbish. If the goal had been given and a 0-1 outcome resulted from this, then it would not have relected United's utter dominance.

I am available to state the obvious at any time, at your collective convenience.
    Not since Jol took over!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12