Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoking In Public Banned

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    it's the consumers right to choose where they go so i can't support an out-right ban.

maybe a smoker's license or an extra tax taken from smoking premises should be required as an incentive for some pubs and clubs not to allow smoking to give consumers more choice of smoking or non-smoking places to go

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    it's the consumers right to choose where they go so i can't support an out-right ban.
    I meant in public buildings.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-10-2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    you well obviously it should be banned in offices and stuff. i was just putting my general oppinion out

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    dont you think it's a bit selfish saying you should be able to go wherever you want and smokers shouldn't be allowed to smoke anywhere apart from designated areas.

i suggest pubs for smokers and pubs for non-smokers that way "selfish" non-smokers wont be stopping the smokers enjoying themselves and vice versa.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    This law has been enforced in norway since july.
    It works because of the Fine put on cafe owners (and the politically correctness of the natives... )
    The law cannot prohibit smoking outdoor (terrraces)
    Italy is alot warmer and terraces abundent so i doubt it will hurt smokers that much
    i m interested to how the Italians handle this, whether it becomes a casual smoke occasionally thing or total....

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I love how smokers go outside in the cold to have a drag.

They will go through great lengths to smoke, the junkies.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    We had this debate before and my stance is the same.

We've had the old...well cars polute arguement... I have thought long and hard about that but still can't see how one polutant is justification for another.

We've had the "i am an adult and it's my right to smoke when and where i want"... but the thing is it isn't a personal habit.

I don't wish to ban smoking in private...go ahead.... however i made the choice to not smoke and as such there should NEVER be a time when i have to inhale second hand smoke in a public place.... A public place includes privately owned buildings that allow access such as shops, bars, trains, etc. etc.

if i make the choice to enter a smokers private residence i have to accept full responsibility for the passive smoking.

Personally i would like to see the law go further and ban smoking in public streets etc. Many times i have been walking on a crowded sidewalk behind a smoker. The fact that it was outside didn't stop the smoke going up my nose.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Personally i would like to see the law go further and ban smoking in public streets etc. Many times i have been walking on a crowded sidewalk behind a smoker.

Thats a tad extreme Vid

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I think this is good, for some reason smokes give me a headache, so i really like this..

To bad i cant smoke grain in public

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    I think this is good, for some reason smokes give me a headache, so i really like this..

To bad i cant smoke grain in public
    You smoke your joints pure then TC?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast