Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Urgent Help Please, Windows Install fucked...

ok, looks like nuthin works for u and since ur desperate...
    take out the hdd, bang on ur fren's door...beg for ur fren's help

that's the only way i can think of that may help u...

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by gildan2020
    ok, looks like nuthin works for u and since ur desperate...
    take out the hdd, bang on ur fren's door...beg for ur fren's help

that's the only way i can think of that may help u...

gildan2020

Whats a fren's, and where can i buy one

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Install the 8 GB drive as Master and install Windows on it. Shut down and connect the newer drive as a slave to retreve your data. Backup everything you want to keep (you should have already done this before) then use killdisk or something similar to erase the drive. Drive makers have drive diagnostic utilities. Download one and do a drive diagnostic.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    1.Peerzy did you find it out which Core files you where missing?
    2.The main reason why this is urgent is because you need some files for a project you need to hand in. So instead of trying to fix the entire system in a rush, try to remember where the project filesare, this should not be too difficult to retrieve if there not too big.
    3.Before giving up and formatting, i seriously advise you to,post on other forums and wait for answers, people are still at jobs or sleeping, give it a day or two.
    I am quit certain this problem is solvable
    if worst comes to worst and you HAVE to format, pm me and ill send you the program to retrieve files from a partitioned drive (and no you wont get everything back, but alot(no garantuee)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    1.Peerzy did you find it out which Core files you where missing?
    2.The main reason why this is urgent is because you need some files for a project you need to hand in. So instead of trying to fix the entire system in a rush, try to remember where the project filesare, this should not be too difficult to retrieve if there not too big.
    3.Before giving up and formatting, i seriously advise you to,post on other forums and wait for answers, people are still at jobs or sleeping, give it a day or two.
    I am quit certain this problem is solvable
    if worst comes to worst and you HAVE to format, pm me and ill send you the program to retrieve files from a partitioned drive (and no you wont get everything back, but alot(no garantuee)

1) No, windows no longer even attempts to boots, the pc just stops after checking if there is media in the cd drives.
    2) File is at least 25mb, i can if worse comes to worse talk my way into a few weeks extension maybe.
    3) Iv already asked on another forum yes.
    4) Luckly all my work, favourites, my pictures and settings files are on a usb drive as i formatted a day ago. Its just this one piece of work i needed to delete from the drive for space.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Well tried taking out both drives and put them one at a time into my working pc and both times it caused my pc to refuse to boot. So iv done as VB1234 susgested, so im on my new pc, on a 20gb hdd with a brand new windows install. Im using Norton Ghost to create an image so hopefully i won't have to conintually make 100's of installs and do all that bullshit.

I'll put my hdd's into the new pc soon but as my old pc refused the boot with them in (i tried both drives on master and slave and even tried a brand new ide cable.)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Okay tried hdd's in new pc and still no luck. Niether my new or old pc will boot if i connect either of my hdd's. I get an error right after it checks for cd media. the error just says something is wrong shutdown.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I am so fucking close to killing this pc now. Was all gravy untill i rebooted, then it refused to boot. So i did a repair install and noW it says System did not finnish installing. And the partion table has been fucked with. Meaning no partion tool (iv tried 6) or the windows install disc (or my advent one for that matter) will partion it without deleting all of my partions on all hdd's.

Im having the fucking run Linux Live, iv got a fucking paper in for today (i'll just call sick tho) and i need to get to my fucking windows files (linux cannot read NTFS file systems)
    Linux can read them, just not write to them, if you have the latest kernel.

What Live CD would that be?

Edit: I could read from ntfs no prob with knoppix 3.6 I think it was.

EDit2: the kernel is the part of the os that interfaces directly with the hardware, kind of a core the rest of the os depends on. Every os has a kernel, the question is whether yours doesn't have one new enough to interface with discs using ntfs.
    http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html knoppix
    Last edited by Snee; 01-10-2005 at 07:26 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    I have Knoppix 3.6 Live....although i don't have clue how to use it... i'll have another go with it now.

Can it read FAT as well? As the only way i would be able to tranfer data from the drives is to a shitty USB drive.

BTW While the pc posts it correctly names the hdd thats in there, but if its either of the two i had in my pc then the pc will simply refuse to boot.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I have Knoppix 3.6 Live....although i don't have clue how to use it... i'll have another go with it now.

Can it read FAT as well? As the only way i would be able to tranfer data from the drives is to a shitty USB drive.

BTW While the pc posts it correctly names the hdd thats in there, but if its either of the two i had in my pc then the pc will simply refuse to boot.
    It can most certainly read FAT, yes.
    Try playing around with the boot options on knoppix, or the cheat codes as they are called, fb1024x768 for a laptop, for example.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-10-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast