Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What type of Forum Member are you?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I don't think I want to know

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    heh heh. i hadn't looked at that site in a while. some of the descriptions are really well-written. i perused most of them, trying to figure out where "libertarian" fits in... 'cause i was just reading a libertarian rant in some forum via google, and it reminded me that they always sound like nutters who've been translated into a completely alien language and then translated back into english. the grammar is correct but the words are all assigned new definitions, or they've made up a bunch of new words that sound similar to existing words.

the site had 'em listed among trogs, but i think the hardcore 'tarians are really more strange than that. they deserve to be placed in a social category alongside scientologists and other culties for all the proselytizing and long-winded introductions to their particular brands of lunacy (i.e. "i will now give you a treatise on engrams/coercivists/UFOs/etc in order to prepare you for communication with me"). and language-mangling. the way cults tend to devise almost a whole new vocab so that the ideas behind the vocabulary remain murky until you're initiated into their group. if a guy is such a freethinker, why is he standing in a group with 20 other guys who all sort of look & think similar to himself and all share an affinity for over-using the word "freethinker" to describe their subscription to the same beliefs?

"i see by your beliefs that you are a freethinker."
    "i see by your nearly identical beliefs that you're a freethinker, too."

edit: as for which of those forum characters suits me best... i dunno, for sure. i thought i was a little of this, a little of that. sometimes i'm in the mood to answer questions and dole out advice, sometimes i want to seriously argue about whatever topics, sometimes i just want to throw in a joke or a brief comment/reference and go back to lurking for a while. my sparring tactics prolly correspond to whatever discussion mode i was in before the argument started. that prolly describes a lot of people though. some days they're mature(-ish), some days they're big fuggin' crybabies, some days you couldn't goad 'em into a fight no matter how hard you try.

You are a rambling assembler of wordbricks!- A masonary madman, if you will.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-12-2005 at 01:59 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    um... hi ^_^
    Im a newbie atm. Prolly not going to be the most active member but I'll post here and there.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    You are a rambling assembler of wordbricks!- A masonary madman, if you will.
    shove it, gay-lord! >:|

i've got a cold and it's making me anxious. normally i'd just delete my almost-completed response and go have a smoke, but today i'm hitting SUBMIT.

BUT YEAH. TRUE. keeping it brief and to the point is not my strongest suit. accurately observed, hobbes.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 01-12-2005 at 09:00 AM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    To quote the sage philosophy of Popeye - I yam what I yam.

Anyone for spinach?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Girl
    um... hi ^_^
    Im a newbie atm. Prolly not going to be the most active member but I'll post here and there.

Another one ... this is a tad scary!

Nevertheless, welcome to teh board.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    SpatulaGeekGirl's Avatar Noodle Critic BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Girl
    um... hi ^_^

It's Gackt!!!!

Welcome to da board Vanilla_Girl.
    That's the way the potato mashes.
    That's the way the pan flashes.
    That's the way the market crashes.
    That's the way the whip lashes.
    That's the way the teeth gnashes.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I love the Flame Warrior site. One of my tactics actually to really get to the smarmy script kiddies is to link to something lame at that site and then accuse said l4m0r of being whichever one chosen.

Personally I wish there was one called Ronin, cause that would be me.

However, amongst the available list of flame warriors, y'all who know me can testify:

SuperJude™ would be Big Dog.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast