Thread: NY Mets - Buying a WS??

Site Owner
    First it was Signing Pedro Martnez
    then it was signing Carlos Beltron (over paid for him)
    now they are looking at signing Carlos Delgado and possible trading for Sammy Sosa

Looks like the Mets are serious about winning it this year.

Beltran isn't worth 20 million a year. His numbers are pretty much the same as Bobby Abreu's, and Abreu sign a contract worth a whole lot less.

Brian

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    its ok Brian, The Mets haven't won a series since 86, and the Yankees try to buy one every year.

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Site Owner
    I actually took a class called "Sociology of Sport" in college. It was rather interesting. Studies showed that teams (all sports) that had turn over of players at the central positions tend to have below average seasons. In baseball the central positions are Catcher, 2nd Base, SS, and CF.

In football they are Center, the 2 Guards, and the QB on Offense, and I think the linebackers on defense.

In Basketball I believe that it was the 2 guards and center.

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    k, first of all i don't agree at all with the salary cap rules in baseball. It leaves for absolutly no competition in the league for teams that have rich owners will continue to flurish, and those that are less fortunate will diwindle down in a spiral that will eventually lead to their collapse. Take the Expos for example, fans want to see a winning team, and now a'days in baseball it isn't possible without coughing up 100 million per player. Unfortunatly, you gotta do what you gotta do, and in these circumstances I believe that the mets r doing exactly what needs to be done in order to win a championship. Good job.

IbAdNesS the MAdNEsS

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Poster
    if they didnt have a salary cap... the same thing would just happen except like 10x worse.

the rich teams will get ALL the good players and leave the not so rich with scrubs

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by primo
    if they didnt have a salary cap... the same thing would just happen except like 10x worse.

the rich teams will get ALL the good players and leave the not so rich with scrubs
    Nooo.... it would be more like football.

The best players would eventually get spread around. Giving any team a chance to compete.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.