Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invalid System Disk Revisited

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Althought this may not be the cause, I found it interesting. Since you are still looking for the answer thought I might as well post it, worth looking at:

ACPI Key Enabled (only for Windows NT4.0, Windows 95, or Windows 98)

The ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) keys, Power off, Sleep, Wake up, are the power management keys of your keyboard; they are processed and performed by Windows, not KeyMaestro driver.

As these ACPI keys are performed not completely under Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows NT 4.0; the KeyMaestro driver provides an option to enable the ACPI keys. When the option is enabled, the driver will take Windows' place to process these keys.

The default state of this option is enabled. If you want to disable the option, click the 'KeyMaestro' icon on the taskbar and then select 'ACPI Key Disabled' command. Depending on your system compatibility in ACPI, you may decide whether the ACPI keys are enabled and performed by driver or not.

In case some errors occur or system hang due to setting conflict or other unpredictable reasons, you had better disable the ACPI keys and check the motherboard setting of ACPI.

If the program has somehow taken control of the ACPI settings, it's possible as to why the error message occurs when you delete it??
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Originally posted by skay+3 April 2003 - 04:09--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skay @ 3 April 2003 - 04:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Soul814@2 April 2003 - 22:58
    well just format it&#33;... do u want a computer w/ an error or a working one ur choice
    Hmmmm. Could you please repeat your question? I&#39;m sure exactly what you were trying to say.

sk [/b][/quote]
    do you want a computer that isnt working?

or

do you want a working computer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12