Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stargate Atlantis, is it good?

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    yup, i still think richard dean anderson is a way better o'neill then kurt russell ever was or can be. sg-1 is a really good series, atlantis just isn't at that "level"
    richard dean anderson's o'neill and kurt russell's o'neill are like two totally different characters though. kurt russell was doing an exaggerated john wayne impression like his "big trouble in little china" character, and RDA is playing it more like a wisecracking macgyver. i don't think kurt russell's acting was bad in the movie, it's just that the movie/script were no good ('cause roland emmerich & dean devlin basically suck).

but yeah, agreed, that sg-1 is much better than the movie... and atlantis isn't doing too hot, so far. atlantis is trying to establish a slightly different personality from sg-1... but the commander of their mission is this annoying hippie, and the other characters are kinda boring so far. the writers need to come up with more interesting things to say about each character, and more interesting ways to show what each person is about, what makes him different from the others, etc.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I like the enemy better in atlantis, I also agree that the characters are kind of boring (except for mckay) but I would like to see the wraith kick some goa'uld ass lol or maybe even an appearence from them in the sg1 universe

I do think atlantis season 2 has potential tho for some reason

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    i have it on good authority that it really picks up from season 3 onwards, but i haven't managed to see as much as i'd like so i can't comment on the series personally

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Well, its just being shown on British TV but I don't know how new it is...its new to us tho...'the peacekeeper wars'
    Damn, without SKY I have to wait until autumn 2006 to see it on channel 5...

... unless I can find an online source of course..

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    its pretty lame nowhere near the same league as sg1. imo the actors are pretty shit and the characters they portray are even worse (shallow and v. predictable). The wraith (bad guys) suck too

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    I like Stargate Atlantis

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    i too enjoy atlantis, thats why i have all 18 episodes on my pc

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    its pretty lame nowhere near the same league as sg1. imo the actors are pretty shit and the characters they portray are even worse (shallow and v. predictable). The wraith (bad guys) suck too
    The Wraith are a pretty good enemy.

They use humans as livestock then hibernate leaving enough alive for when they wake back up.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    The Wraith are a pretty good enemy.

They use humans as livestock then hibernate leaving enough alive for when they wake back up.
    the gua'uld use humans as hosts, and they got superpowers... samething basically.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by n18
    the gua'uld use humans as hosts, and they got superpowers... samething basically.
    Uh.....no.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast