Thread: duplicate files from same user

welshg60

Surprised/Amazed

I'm using kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3, when searching for files, especially common films I've noticed that the results often show loads of results from a single user, like 1 person has 30 different copies of a film, all different file sizes and slightly different names, whats going on? why would any1 use so much storage space on their pc for a load of duplicates.
    While I'm here could any1 tell me if theres a better version of klite I should be using, I've started experiencing problems with the avi preview tool (says it cant find C/My and then drains all the cpu power)
    ta
    cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    well the artists and their labels pay people to host fake files, so your searches get filled with fakes. notice how many have numbers in their names? ie: username231@kazaa
    as far as avipreview goes i would recommend VLC videolan as a replacement
    as far as something better then kazaa lite, thats depends on who you talk to. :p

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by welshg60
    I'm using kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3, when searching for files, especially common films I've noticed that the results often show loads of results from a single user, like 1 person has 30 different copies of a film, all different file sizes and slightly different names, whats going on? why would any1 use so much storage space on their pc for a load of duplicates.
    those are all fake files.

4. File Sharing   -   #4

Tongue

the next version of K-Lite 2.7 will identify most fakes already in the search results

here's a preview:

<span style='color:blue'>K-Lite v2.7
    KaZuperNodes/KaNAT

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Wow that looks kinda clever, when is it coming out?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Filesharinghelp.com
    Hopefully within the next week or so. A few other changes are to take place in this new version.