Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adware & Spyware - Cure for dummies

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I hate spybot as well.
    Adaware isn't bad but not the best (IMO).

Spysweeper and giant\microsoft antispyware are great.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    1. SpySweeper is not better than Ad-Aware or SpyBot. They all act differently, but none are more powerful than another. Combined, they are awesome.

2. The pop-up blocker from SP2 is shit. It failed a test I decided to run on it, and was left to close thousands of pop-ups. There's nothing wrong with the Google Toolbar which is also free.

3. I don't care if Outlook gets updated for the next 50 years. Nothing is better than Thunderbird as an email client. Also Free.

Oh, and Outlook always had the option to turn off the previews, at least in the last 3 years. It's just that noobs didn't know where to look.
    Hello!

In my opinion Spy Sweeper is better because it catches more baddys and some Trojans even!. However I never takes chances and run all 3 of them to be sure I get rid of everything.

Thats strange that your experience with SP2's built in Pop Up Blocker is so poor. In my experience and I have tried both SP2 and Google Toolbar is that they are about the same when it comes to Pop Up Blocking so to me it does not mather which one I use, for instance none of them takes all pop ups on this site:
    http://www.goldesel.to (a german ED2K verified site).

For me the built in blocker in IE in SP2 blocks about 80-90% of pop ups and have made my surfing experience much easier when using IE. In fact I am starting to get spoiled now and dont stand Pop Ups at all anymore

Regarding OE yes it was possible in earlier versions but this is after all a guide for dummies and rather then fiddling with preferences it is best to just upgrade to SP2 and get it done and over with and as a result get all security updates at once!!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Does noone else think that S&D sux ass?? I can run S&D and it will show NOTHING. Then run Ad-Aware SE and it will find like 20 things.
    Hello!

SpyBot Seacrh & Destroy is made to detect the most harmfull ones the so called Bots. It is not supposed to detect everything you should combine it with Ad-Aware Personal Se that detects tracking cookies and data miners!.

As a third option use SpySweeper from webroot for maximum efficency in cleaning up!!.

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    @Skizo imho you don't have SSD configured correctly. SSD is still King. But imo M$/Giant is pretty good also. Then AAW. spysweeper & pestpatrol are junk imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12