Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SpongeBob Attacked!!!

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    So, to get this straight, are they saying that two characters, in a show that targets small children, holding hands must mean that they are flaunting their gayness?

Both the gay ppl and the politicos are a bunch of geptards, then.

That would be A) theft of a perfectly innocent symbol for friendship, meant for small children.
    And B) like saying that two children of the same sex who hold hands must be gay.

Children do that kind of thing sometimes, and these characters are meant for children and would thus be acting in a childish way, so for someone to make this a symbol for homosexuality is to rob children of a part of their childhood, either by infusing values in a perfectly innocent action or by making it socially unacceptable.

I hope that makes sense, this thread keeps freezing up on me, so I had to post and run here.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-21-2005 at 02:42 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I don't think the gay people are being geptarded - the WAFF spokesman spoke along the same lines as us near the end - just the 'conservatives' who are deeming hand-holding by kids as promoting homosexuality.

I keep putting conservatives in inverted commas because the reference to the same in the article is completely non-specific and sounds like a blase soundbite to me - to flesh the article out a bit.

so I had to post and run here
    Must have made typing difficult
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Oh sorry, I took it to mean that the character was seen as an icon for adult gay men, by gay men.

Took three attempts to get in here before I had time to post this.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-21-2005 at 02:56 PM.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Ah I see what you mean. I don't know, the article does say this:

SpongeBob - who appears on the children's cable channel Nickelodeon - is seen as an icon for adult gay men in the US, apparently because he regularly holds hands with his sidekick Patrick.
    But I took that to be another example of the writer plucking something out of the air - Do gay men in the US really see Spongebob Squarepants as an icon?

If so then I agree, they are geptards
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12