Thread: Solving slow BitTorrent download speeds

Retired
    updated the guide

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #22
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thedazman
    May i add a note?

In your preferred client, the setting for 'max connections per transfer' or something along those lines may have a default value of less than 100.

If you have a torrent which has lots of peers, which you usually do, well you should set that to a higher value.

Well in my experience i have found that could cause a problem connecting to the optimal number of peers.

Hope this helps
    i'm not so sure in setting you max connection per torrent to a very high value as this can at time's slow the torrent down as it may chock you ..i set my max connection per torrent to 70 ..so if i get a average of 10kB/s from each connection i get a 700k download ..some connections will give you even more than just 10 .so setting your connection per torrent high does not mean a faster download ...i would only set it to a high number if you have a fast connection ,like a 1 bit up ..

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #23
    Can someone please tell me why id be getting crappy download speeds (around 15kbps) NAT is fine, ratio is good, i change ports but it only speeds up for about 20 seconds then goes back down

There are only 13 seeds and about 50 peers, would that have something to do with it?

and im in Australia, maybe AUstralia's broadbrand is just crap?

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #24
    thanks for the info it has helped alot

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #25
    enjoy_with_me's Avatar PriSon BrEaKer BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    thnx for topic

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #26
    great guide, thanks

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #27
    wooohooo this is great. solved all my downloading probs. before i was only downloading at 150kbps now its downloading at 700kbps.

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #28
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by __B__ View Post
    Can someone please tell me why id be getting crappy download speeds (around 15kbps) NAT is fine, ratio is good, i change ports but it only speeds up for about 20 seconds then goes back down

There are only 13 seeds and about 50 peers, would that have something to do with it?

and im in Australia, maybe AUstralia's broadbrand is just crap?

im in australia and get good to great speeds ..it depends if you are using a private/public tracker. private are allways faster than public , so maybe it could be you are using a public tracker as i only use private and average speed of a torrent would be say around 500kB/s...if its below 150kB/s ..its slow......iv'e got cable 1.5/256

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #29
    thax a lot for dis info

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #30
    Thanks for this guide.
    I am now downloading Azureus as it's new to me. Have been using uTorrent till now (which I like, but it's the only one I've used so perhaps Az is better).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast