Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking: To be or not to Be

Arm's Avatar Poster
    The owner of a Michigan company who forced his employees to either quit smoking or quit their jobs said on Wednesday he also wants to tell fat workers to lose weight or else.
    And then in a couple months.................

The owner of a Michigan company who forced his employees to either lose weight or quit their jobs said he also wants to tell black people to quit listening to rap or quit their job and to tell gay people to quit being gay or quit their jobs.

I see slippery slope and discrimination lawsuits.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I have no idea how large a company Weyco is, but I imagine it won't be in business much longer if he refuses to hire smokers and overweight people.

I'm neither, but I definately wouldn't work for such a company, and I certainly wouldn't be supporting them with any of my money.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Do you only eat organic veggies?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthie
    and?
    l was replying to someone, is that all right by you?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Hmmm. I'll have to think about it. ROFL. Thought it was self-explanatory, like THIS post. Was asking for your point.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthie
    Was asking for your point.
    The point of what? Of replying to someone? l thought that was self explanatory.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    By drinking l take it you mean alcohol? No l don't, l don't take drugs either and l certainly don't smoke. Only idiots smoke, whatever you may say. Why would anyone take up that digusting habit? l also eat well, l've been a vegetarian all my life and spend only the necessary time on the "bog", unless l'm reading the Guardian of course, then l may stay a little longer.

And for your information, l'm 62 and l still run marathons, could you?
    :reallol:

All this healthy living seems to be playing havoc with your sleeping pattern, you always seem to be around the board at this time. Posting at half three in the morning, that cannot be healthy. You think the bland diet and all the marathon running is turning you into an insomniac - or maybe Slough is in a different timezone to the rest of the UK.

OK, what if your employer regulated the times you went to bed so that you'd be as fresh as a daisy for work the next day. That would curtail your forum habits, certainly, but more importantly it would also be infringing on your civil liberties a tad. Would you be OK with that.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    lynx's Avatar .
    unless l'm reading the Guardian of course
    Well, I for one won't be employing any Guardian readers, too much free thinking would upset my totalitarian control of their lives, and I know exactly what's best for all concerned.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    :reallol:

All this healthy living seems to be playing havoc with your sleeping pattern, you always seem to be around the board at this time. Posting at half three in the morning, that cannot be healthy. You think the bland diet and all the marathon running is turning you into an insomniac - or maybe Slough is in a different timezone to the rest of the UK.

OK, what if your employer regulated the times you went to bed so that you'd be as fresh as a daisy for work the next day. That would curtail your forum habits, certainly, but more importantly it would also be infringing on your civil liberties a tad. Would you be OK with that.
    Why are you so overtly concerned with other people's lives? Worrying about what other people do seems to be an obsession with you, that can't be healthy can it?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    So you can't refute that I have a point

If an employer is within his rights to stop people smoking outside of office hours, because it's beneficial to their health - surely it follows that your employer should be able to tell you to go to bed at a decent hour.

I propose that rather than your initial 'good on him' comment - you would actually be fuming at him daring to suggest that he has any sort of control over what you do when you clock off.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Why are you so overtly concerned with other people's lives? Worrying about what other people do seems to be an obsession with you, that can't be healthy can it?
    Hmmm...that would appear to be a trait that you exhibit also, Billy.
    After all, you think it's OK for a boss to supervise his employee's private life, right?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast