Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Copy Protection

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Wow!

How can you compare your effort when you pirate software to the efforts of the software designers. If it upsets you so much that someone is taking advantage of your small effort then you shouldn't pirate.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Why is it always a question of morals or ethics , when some post a thread here ? Its file shar........... I' mean its stealing , plain and simple . Get over it. And I'm guilty ' so either shut me down or fuck off.

And while I'm on a rant , what about all you Linux, unex , redhat, open source what every the flavour is fuck's . When was the last time you donated to open source develpers ?

Heres your chance ............

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513-5559647.html
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-03-2005 at 03:40 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    now you now how microsoft feels.
    If big companies liek taht can't do it I doubt you will figure out a way...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I kinda' think peerzy has the right to be angry about it.

It's the principle of the thing really, someone who sells pirated stuff screws it up for the rest of us, they give the industry something to point at and say "look, they are making money off our work".

Since he was giving the discs away for free, I don't think he wants to copy-protect anything 'cos he feels as if they were stealing from him.

The aren't sharing any more, they are being assholes.

EDit: so shut with the hypocrite comments, harrycary and the rest of you.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-03-2005 at 03:22 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    The aren't sharing any more, they are being assholes.
    have to agree with snny there
    if ppl didnt turn around a sell shit p2p might not as big of a target to industries
    i would think they would be more pissed about someone making money
    that wouldve went into their pockets
    as opposed to someone making a backup of their shit

and peerzy....anything that can be programmed can be hacked/emulated just about
    only way to stop em is just dont give em any more
    just think if one of those assholes gets caught selling pirated shit...
    "OH NOES IT WASNT ME IT WAS PEERZY-DUDE!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!"
    "HE GAVED EM TO MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111OMG!!!!!!!!11111"

rule of the day......CYOA
    Last edited by FKDUP74; 02-03-2005 at 03:35 PM.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I can't understand why Peerzy's took so much shit in this thread, I'd be pissed if it was me.

What Peerzy's done is filesharing via a different method, instead of someone he doesn't know uploading off his machine, he's physically given them the data on a CD -- it's still filesharing. It's what every one of us does, and I'd like to think that each one of us would be concerned about the twats who sell pirated stuff.

He isn't being hypocritical in the slightest and I'd feel exactly the same if the people I burn movies for - cuz they're idiots who can't figure out nero - started selling them.

SnnY and FKDUP got it dead on.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    And while I'm on a rant , what about all you Linux, unex , redhat, open source what every the flavour is fuck's . When was the last time you donated to open source develpers ?

Heres your chance ............

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513-5559647.html
    HEY! if i could program i would......so hush
    /me doesnt have money to give, but would gladly share my creations

OH NOES! quote from that atricle:
    "We have to be concerned about...the use of patent WMDs. That will be the last stand of Microsoft," Kapor said.
    they have WMDs!!!!!!!!!!1111111
    GWbush will end up shuttin em down!
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I paid for SuSe

I've been thinking, tho', that I might help and translate a few things when I have the time, 'cos it's a good cause.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-03-2005 at 05:02 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    There are to many people to quote so im just not gonna bother, thanks Manker, SnnY and fkdup74 for seeing my point.

The people i give these cd's to are computer retards otherwise i would teach them Bittorent. I don't need strong copy protection at all. Companys like MS protect there products from crackers i just need to protect it from someone going into Nero and clicking copy disc.

@People who flames/whatever'd the thread - your saying im hypocritical for sharing files and trying to make sure people don't profit off of them. So basically you want me and my mates to go out and start flogging stuff in the high street thats cracked. Meaning companies will lose more money, piracy will become a bigger threat to them, more media attention and in the long run more chance of much harder and stronger crack downs on piracy, bittorent and other p2p methods. Ofcourse thats only if i sold £1000's a week but still its all the same.

Wow!

How can you compare your effort when you pirate software to the efforts of the software designers. If it upsets you so much that someone is taking advantage of your small effort then you shouldn't pirate.
    You got me totally wrong! It upsets me that discs i give for people who i know to use cracked software pass them on to sellers/sell themselfs and make money out of cracking groups.

You fucking loser.

How dare you complain of others copying your stolen data?

containing cracked and pirated files only to find them copying and selling them
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Fucking hypocrite.
    Your right, how dare i be annoyed at other people selling stuff that release groups spent hours on only to release free to the world. I am the scum of the universe. Shut the fuck up unless you know what im talking about. People selling warez is what gives the download scene a bad name.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    BTW people are missing the point here file sharing is about use people not having to spend money. not about stopping the author/artist/creator from making profit. I think we can all agree they still make stacks of profit.

as I said in my other post which I wrote when drunk apologies it doesn't make since. what I ment to say was I couldn't care less if i gave copies to friends and they copied them for free...... however if they sold them thats another story
    it is just wrong too make money out of something thats not yours.

its not hypocritical its 2 different issue peerzy gets software for free )hes a sinner like you and I hehehe) and the other is making profit for something thats not yours peerzy makes no money from pirating he saves it.

what I do is I don't give the friends family whatever the disks I go to their dam house and install it myself and take the disk back home and say thats it if you wanna buy the real thing you get it!!!..

Maybe thats an idea peerzy I dunno I'm sure if there was such a thing as protection it would surely have been thought of and stopped us pirates

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast