Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Copy Protection

You want to “copy protect” software that you pirated yourself? That still does not make any sense whatsoever. If your so worried about pirated software then you should really stop giving out pirated stuff.

Beside I don’t think you can anyways. "Real" "copy protection" I beleve has to be stamped.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    tehee....yawn, you really show your age.

bye bye now

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Well thanks for the help i got from a few of you and no thanks to those who spammed, argued and pushed the topic right offtrack. Iv requested it be closed and i'll just ask else where from now on, to be honest who cares why i want to copy protect software, i shouldnt't have gone into detials really. Shame really how a thread just looking for help can be fucked up by just a few who want to make their voices heard over and over and over and ov.... I don't give a shit about what you think, think what you want just keep it out of my thread.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Following your logic, you should put copy protection on files you share online. You wouldn't want someone to sell copies would you?
    I can't believe you even mentioned logic.

It's impossible to tell from an IP number in a torrent swarm who is going to sell your files. It is impossible to copy-protect your files that you're about to share from your PC lest the recipiant won't be able to burn it.

It is possible for Peerzy to copy protect the CDs he shares via this alternative filesharing method (tho' I don't know how), therefore he wants to do it - so as not to perpetuate the filesharing for profit situation.

That's logic.

What you wrote proves you didn't understand what Peerzy wanted to do -- what you suggest is like saying $10 won't house all the homeless people therefore I won't donate it to a tsunami charity. However, we all know that if everyone did then it would house them.

Peerzy is making an honourable stand, I hadn't thought about it before but if EVERYONE did what he wants to do then there would be less pirating for profit. I'd do it too if I knew how.

The folk who are attacking this don't understand the simple dynamics of the situation, that's all there is to it.
    Last edited by manker; 02-04-2005 at 01:05 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by harrycary
    I know, and understand, exactly what you're talking about.

If you're are so worried about people selling the pirated software you give them, than simply stop giving it to them.

I share software, video, and audio files with friends, family and strangers [online]. If I felt they were profiting from my efforts that's what I would do.

I still think you're a hyprocrite for approaching your dilemma in the way that you've posted. And frankly, I feel you deserve the flames you've been receiving. I suspect you're bootlegging more to "show off" then for the sake of sharing and personal use.

Sadly, I don't believe you'll take my suggestion & criticism to heart and I expect some sort of lame response[as you've already demonstrated].

regards,
    The only one that was really flaming was you, unless you call the quote below a "suggestion" or perhaps some good-natured "criticism".

You fucking loser.

How dare you complain of others copying your stolen data?

*snip*
    Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Fucking hypocrite.

If anyone here was showing their age in this thread it's you, and what is your age? twelve?

If peerzy wants to share something with one person, but can't be sure that they won't spread it along further and charging people for it in the process, then he should make sure they can't.

Me, I would probably not share it with them, but there are a lot of factors that can contribute to peerzy feeling compelled to give the software to them.

He can't really share it with most members of his family, or his friends but leave a couple of them outside 'cos he suspects they are going to try and get a profit out of the discs. They'd just say he was being unfair or something.

Better then to make sure that only those he wants to have the software gets it.

====================================================================================================

Btw@peerzy: I've done some digging, and I found that Ulead's dvd workshop can add copy protection.

Not sure if that's for data dvds or just ones with movies.

Am looking some more, have just gotten this linkely link, not sure what that software actually does tho'.

Have a look at this board too, they might be able to help.

And someone somewhere posted that the daemontoolz board might be another place to look at.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-04-2005 at 02:01 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    muchspl2
    cool thread I can see both sides and I'm unsure on how I feel, on one hand it shouldn't be protected but on the other I don't want people profiting off me..
    weird I guess the best way is to cut off the people that sell your cds, if you know they are selling then cut them off

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    There are a few tools here aswell . Middle of page .

http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware...otect_cd.shtml

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Retired
    Closed on request.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345