Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been waiting years to see this...

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well.....you decided to cross the picket line.

SCAB
    I read that as he walked the picket line for the day then quit his job.... not that he "crossed" the picket line

Either way it matters not one jot to me as i am a great believer in freedom...even when i disagree with the view.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well.....you decided to cross the picket line.

SCAB
    How did you arrive at that?

vid got it right, B.

I got to see a company foreman (who was a good guy) arrive on-site to do security rounds.

My union "brethren" beat him half to death, then rolled his car and burnt it.

He had to be littered onto plant property by two plant nurses in order to be air-lifted out for medical treatment which saved his life; my "brethren" smashed the windows of an ambulance attempting to drive into the lot to help.

He was permanently disabled at the ripe old age of 33, walked with canes from then on.

Nobody was even questioned about the assault that I was aware of.

Shove your scab, alright?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I read that as he walked the picket line for the day then quit his job.... not that he "crossed" the picket line

Either way it matters not one jot to me as i am a great believer in freedom...even when i disagree with the view.
    Sorry I forgot the . I was being sarcastic and usually don't like the .

I didn't really think he crossed or else he may have said so.
    Furthermore crossing doesn't warrant an ass-whooping. Give me more credit than that.

If I really had to I'd cross but unlike some of my other union brethren, I save up for strike time.

I recall a time when we were on strike for two fucking days and some of the more young fuckers that lived with their parents didn't hold out. Now those folk, I thought were little piss ant bitches....but the most they would get would be a verbal assault and/or the other workers would totally blackball them.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    How did you arrive at that?

vid got it right, B.

I got to see a company foreman (who was a good guy) arrive on-site to do security rounds.

My union "brethren" beat him half to death, then rolled his car and burnt it.

He had to be littered onto plant property by two plant nurses in order to be air-lifted out for medical treatment which saved his life; my "brethren" smashed the windows of an ambulance attempting to drive into the lot to help.

He was permanently disabled at the ripe old age of 33, walked with canes from then on.

Nobody was even questioned about the assault that I was aware of.

Shove your scab, alright?
    Shove it where?...............Don't answer that

Damn that's tough. Management or not if that were to happen to me, I would light some of those folks up with a shotgun and laugh about it rolling away in my wheelchair.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    In the Enmons (6) case, three members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) were indicted for firing high-powered rifles at three utility company transformers, draining the oil from a transformer, and blowing up a transformer substation during a strike. However, the U.S. District Court in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, dismissed the charges on the grounds that, in the context of a strike, the militants' actions were not illegal since they were in pursuit of "legitimate" union objectives.
    Why does the expression "Only in America" spring to mind?

We've had a fair amount of union violence in Britain but nothing like this. l must say, l've seen a couple of examples of union practises that defy belief. One was at a newspaper plant in London that employed a different person for every little task, even having a man who was allowed to pass the bundles of papers from inside to the loading bay, and another to put them on the truck, even though one man was always idle, the "inside" loader wasn't allowed "outside" and vice versa. The other was in the London Docks, not there now. They had these positions where people were on "stand-by" in case someone didn't show up for work, they didn't have to be there, but they were paid as if they were, almost man for man with the ones who were working. As l recall, both of these places ended with violent strikes, the newspaper now prints with about one tenth of the previous employees.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    The other was in the London Docks, not there now. They had these positions where people were on "stand-by" in case someone didn't show up for work, they didn't have to be there, but they were paid as if they were, almost man for man with the ones who were working. As l recall, both of these places ended with violent strikes, the newspaper now prints with about one tenth of the previous employees.
    I was always under the impression that Dockers were chosen every morning according to the demand for the said. Surely this would eliminate 'sickness' cover?
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    Why does the expression "Only in America" spring to mind?
    We've had a fair amount of union violence in Britain but nothing like this.
    The fact is that, at the cutting edge of union strength, American Unions were much stronger at one time, to the extent that they could lobby for these "trapdoors" through which to escape.

A little (or a lot) of money spread around for lubrication or a blind eye, and there you have it; if you are allowed to act with impunity, it is only a matter of time before you do, you see?

My guess would be that such looseness of statute would never be countenanced in the U.K.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12