Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AGP cards.

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yup, it looks good, and I can swap it for one of these later on .

(hope the pic turns up ok.)

I wonder about the back of the card tho'.

If it looks like this , I can keep my akasa blower in the slot next to it, if I can get enough clearance between the two.

That's good if so.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Get a new case?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I have more cases (even gave one away 'cos I had no room for it, the other day), but I want a 'puter that's this small.

It's secksy

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I have more cases (even gave one away 'cos I had no room for it, the other day), but I want a 'puter that's this small.

It's secksy
    I guess it looks good but u can get bigger cases that are secksy too. Arent there medium size cases?
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 02-05-2005 at 12:50 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    But do they fit in my backpack?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    But do they fit in my backpack?
    If u get the right backpack they will.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Ah, cunning.

Change of topic:

What backpack should I get?

Actually, it's a very good machine, the sound is excellent, and it's brilliant how portable it is, I mean, you can carry any case around, but this goes so much smoother.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    I know were all teh 'puter geeks here but this thread has got me thinking, we all attempt to keep our temps down as much as possible and SnnY here is even going out of his way to get a part that produces less heat, but what if we were teh n00bies and added the 3hhd and the card that gives best proformance no matter what the heating. Would it make that much difference? Would it really damage parts that much?

Before i came here i knew very little about the insides of computers really, i use to buy pc's that were built with one cpu fan nd that was it and he parts still continuedto run.

Basically what im saying is what proof is there that says that small heat increases over our highly cooled machines will do any harm? I know if its to hot it can decrease the life span of parts but apart from you knowiing that your temps arn't as good as they could be whats a few degree's higher gonna do.

Just a question iv always wanted to ask really. S;sorry for teh thread highjackage SnnY.

Ontopic the ATi card offers better preformance right now in games but lacks Pixal Shader 3.0. The Nvidia card has the Pixal Shader 3.0. Basically some game (Like Splinter Cell 2, Prince Of Perisa and a few others use Pixal Shader 2.0 this ment no matter how great my computer was if i was running my old Geforce 4 MX (Without the needed pixal shaders) theres no way i could ever play it. So in theory the Nvidia is more geared up for future games and will become the better card over time.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Thanks peerz.

It's a bitch having to calculate how long I want this 'puter to last, game-wise.

I guess I don't actually don't know what'd happen if this 'puter got hot (up to a certain point, that is, 'cos once it's hot enough to burn I have a good idea).

If the ambient heat is too high for the gfx card I guess it'll shut down a lot, causing loads of spontaneous reboots, the same thing is true with the processor, otherwise I think the most vulnerable components would be the hds, or possible the RAM, at least on a standard sized computer.

In this case tho', I'd worry about the northbridge heating up, presumably it can lead to the same kind of shutdowns you get when the gfx card is overheating, or even data corruption while it's in transfer.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-05-2005 at 01:43 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Thanks peerz.

I guess I don't actually don't know what'd happen if this 'puter got hot (up to a certain point, that is, 'cos once it's hot enough to burn I have a good idea).

If the ambient heat is too high for the gfx card I guess it'll shut down a lot, causing loads of spontaneous reboots, the same thing is true with the processor, otherwise I think the most vulnerable components would be the hds, or possible the RAM, at least on a standard sized computer.

In this case tho', I'd worry about the northbridge heating up, presumably it can lead to the same kind of shutdowns you get when the gfx card is overheating, or even data corruption.

Yes but these shutdowns only start when the CPU hits 70 degree's and temps like that when witht he hardware you have in there you could expect to peak at 55 maybe. I spose its a risk some are not willing to take. If something were to go wrong you would kill me Most poeple's tempts idle at about 40 or so right and peak at 50 (well mine do and i don't really cool mine alot) so if it was only an increase of 5 degree's im wondering would it have any major effects.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast