Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What power do you want.

Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I want that glowing flame finger power from the old British Gas adverts.

That would :rawk:

I'm sure x-ray vision would be handy too.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

2. Lounge   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    those who brake as they approach a greeen light, top my list
    That's part of advanced driving..a green light will change. I have seen many accidents and many tickets issued where someone ran up to a green light too fast to stop when it changed.

A green light light does not mean go...it means proceed if safe to do so and if the way is clear..
    Many people have gone through green lights only to be struck by the car that ran the red light...many could have avoided this if they use caution and observation going through the green light.
    The easiest light to run up to is a red light...you know you have to stop at that one.
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-12-2005 at 06:16 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    The power to switch politicians to mute would be fun - or better still the power to make them tell the truth whether they would or no.

Failing this telekinesis would be fun. Just let Lilmiss try and dodge a self propelled paddle.

Mwhawawawa

Also handy for getting stuff from the fridge during interesting tv programmes.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    I would like the ability to remain calm in the face of unreason.

Every day I have to deal with people who are stupifyingly ignorant and (typically) pissed off (probably because they are aware that their ignorance is the root cause of their trouble).
    By week's end, homocide is an attractive option.

Oh for feck sake, at least make your requests reasonable! You owe these people the homicide they have earned.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    That's part of advanced driving..a green light will change. I have seen many accidents and many tickets issued where someone ran up to a green light too fast to stop when it changed.

A green light light does not mean go...it means proceed if safe to do so and if the way is clear..
    Many people have gone through green lights only to be struck by the car that ran the red light...many could have avoided this if they use caution and observation going through the green light.
    The easiest light to run up to is a red light...you know you have to stop at that one.

I take it, with this post, that you want your handbag back, ma'am?

You go girl.

Geez, any idiot can get a sense of timing down with a light sequence, you have to have the feel for it. It is all those hysterical brakers that cause the accidents, they have no concept of "court vision". That is the ability understand that you are part of a dynamic process and you must be aware what others around you are doing. Some people drive in a box, completely unaware that they are not the only drivers on the road.

Checking to see if cross traffic is safe should be automatic behavior. You should always have a list of potential hazards and constantly moniter them, particularly those side streets that people pull into traffic from. Gripping the wheel and leaning forward with your foot poised to stomp the brake is a great way to be surprised everytime.

Vidcc, your license has been revoked!
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-12-2005 at 06:56 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    It is all those hysterical brakers that cause the accidents.
    explain how please

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    i see you have been using edit but you still haven't explained how someone braking causes the accident

8. Lounge   -   #28
    explain how please
    One should not need to slam on brakes unless their is something extremely rare going on, like someone throwing a baby from a car.

Hysterical brakers fail to moniter the other cars on the road and are not aware of what is going on around them.

Their response to anything, like a car honking or a loud noise is to slam on their brakes. That is how accidents happen.

People who are aware of their surrounding and are not hysterical, think, then react.

Hysterically slamming on ones brakes is a sign of a bad driver.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    i see you have been using edit but you still haven't explained how someone braking causes the accident

If I see a green light I go

If I see an amber light I go faster

Someone slowing up at a green light screws this philosophy completely.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The worst part about people who break suddenly at intersections, at least here, is that if anyone hits them that person gets to pay the bill.

It shouldn't be, but it's almost impossible to prove that they were the ones that screwed up.

Mind you, in a perfect world the driver in the car behind makes sure to keep their distance so accidents don't happen.

But in this world there are a lot of factors that can screw you over even if you try to take caution, like ice on the road or something.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-12-2005 at 07:08 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast