Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: This Came From an Editorial in a German Publication????

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    This article surprises no one.
    That would be incorrect, Superfly.

It surprised me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Oh, come now, Bigglesworth-

I work far too hard here to be referred to as mainstream, or to be told I'd be comfortable in France.

Have you no sense of decency?
    I tease of course.

However, I think the church of the mainstream Conservative parties is broad enough to accommodate you. They let John Redwood stay in.

However, I see you perhaps happiest if Mrs T were still to be in office.

I can't see you in a crank far right party like the UKIP.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    I can't see you in a crank far right party like the UKIP.
    I can...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    I can...

And to think I missed your presence...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    That would be incorrect, Superfly.

It surprised me.
    Then you incorrectly think that all the people in individual countries think alike.

Not very logical.

I personally think you posted this to say...

"See, even some Germans (at least this one) agree with me."

Ok I'll clear it up. You are the only one surprised.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    Poster
    Then you incorrectly think that all the people in individual countries think alike.

Not very logical.

I was surprised, too, Busyman. I try to read a lot of different views from wherever I can find them. I don't feel I think that everyone in Germany thinks alike. Funny, when I came across this article, I wanted to bring it to the board and ask questions about it. I didn't. J2 did, and I for one appreciate it. I have learned a lot from the various responses to it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57

Not very logical.

Sorry, B, this doesn't make any sense-to say that it is "incorrect" and "not very logical" to say that "all the people in individual countries think alike"?

I posted an editorial from a German publication, the provenance of which is genuine (though, as pointed out by others, minor liberties have been taken in translation), and indicated my surprise that a German citizen would express a string of thoughts which, by-and-large, echo my own.

From this you surmise that I claim a previously undiscovered and undocumentable empathy amongst "all the people in individual countries" amounting to a conspiracy of loathing of the U.S.?

Wouldn't it be simpler to say, as I attempted to, that it might be a bit of a surprise to find someone who had a pro-U.S. view, and held it strongly enough to compel him to submit an editorial stating same to an (apparently) well-respected German publication?

Just to clear up that last, I was not sincerely surprised; I would imagine that the U.S. could easily garner anywhere from 2% to 3% popular support in any number of countries around the world.

I will admit it was a marginal effort at facetiousness, but I assumed you would recognize it for what it was.

My apologies for overestimating you.

Oh, yeah-almost forgot...

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Sorry, B, this doesn't make any sense-to say that it is "incorrect" and "not very logical" to say that "all the people in individual countries think alike"?

I posted an editorial from a German publication, the provenance of which is genuine (though, as pointed out by others, minor liberties have been taken in translation), and indicated my surprise that a German citizen would express a string of thoughts which, by-and-large, echo my own.

From this you surmise that I claim a previously undiscovered and undocumentable empathy amongst "all the people in individual countries" amounting to a conspiracy of loathing of the U.S.?

Wouldn't it be simpler to say, as I attempted to, that it might be a bit of a surprise to find someone who had a pro-U.S. view, and held it strongly enough to compel him to submit an editorial stating same to an (apparently) well-respected German publication?

Just to clear up that last, I was not sincerely surprised; I would imagine that the U.S. could easily garner anywhere from 2% to 3% popular support in any number of countries around the world.

I will admit it was a marginal effort at facetiousness, but I assumed you would recognize it for what it was.

My apologies for overestimating you.

Oh, yeah-almost forgot...
    You are forgiven. Alot of your posts are facetious and very indirect. The problem is I see it and view it as propaganda ridden.

I suppose it would suprise you if an American citizen wrote an editorial that was anti-US? Would it surprise you that there are Iranians that are pro-US?

TBH I think there are many who love the fact that the US is so-called "cleaning" up their backyard. They are going, "Whew, thank goodness we didn't have to fight them."

The article was a good read, especially on the shitter.

Surprised?....I guess if one thinks ALL Germans are anti-Bush then sure.

I logically know that in light of my own country's differing views that Germany is not a "hive mind". .....but you weren't really surprised.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-19-2005 at 04:44 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I was surprised, too, Busyman. I try to read a lot of different views from wherever I can find them. I don't feel I think that everyone in Germany thinks alike. Funny, when I came across this article, I wanted to bring it to the board and ask questions about it. I didn't. J2 did, and I for one appreciate it. I have learned a lot from the various responses to it.
    I thought the article's responses made for better reading of the article so... great post!!! I previously wouldn't have read it.

If you were surprised yet......
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    don't feel I think that everyone in Germany thinks alike.
    ...then I stand corrected. Doesn't much make sense but nevertheless...foot-in-mouth for me.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Of course it's a surprising article! The guy just called all europeans cowards, are you an european? are you a coward hiding behind the cloak of your so-called "morals"?
    of course we shouldn't have a muslim holiday, indeed we should persecute muslims more, because they are like Hitler in terms of fanaticism. Is that not a surprising view point?

actually, probably not, because we are so used to all the crap we get from ukip and people like Kilroy Silk, and too beefed up on MacD to care much about anything. So, what does that say about us?

lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456