Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: time to upgrade Again

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Besides the fact that one has NCQ, look at the warrantee.
    The cheaper has a five year guarantee (odd,eh?).
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i didnt ment these days
    anyway what does NCQ stand for

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    I would strongly advise you to go AMD. Ruling them out because they have a bad rep wher eyou live is such a stupid reason seeing as in alot of peoples opinions they are far better than the Intel line of chips.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    i didnt ment these days
    anyway what does NCQ stand for
    "Native Command Queing".
    Basically the HDD searches for data based on the most efficient pathway as opposed to the order of the request.
    Your board must support this feature in order to utilize it, but the drive is backwards compatable and a future board of yours WILL support it.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I would strongly advise you to go AMD. Ruling them out because they have a bad rep wher eyou live is such a stupid reason seeing as in alot of peoples opinions they are far better than the Intel line of chips.
    True. People just need to realize, speed doesnt mean better performance. AMD's is way cheaper , plus they are the best cpu's for playing pc games ( Athlon 64's that is).... And pretty soon pentuium 4's 32 bit will be out of date...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    The question between Intel and AMD goes like this, what is your priority, AMD is best at Gaming and file compression, and Intel does video and audio encoding and decoding the best, the price per performance of both is very close, so pick on what your trying to maximize...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Quote Originally Posted by zeustke165
    The question between Intel and AMD goes like this, what is your priority, AMD is best at Gaming and file compression, and Intel does video and audio encoding and decoding the best, the price per performance of both is very close, so pick on what your trying to maximize...
    An AMD 3200 64bit is about level at a 3.2Ghz Intel chip right now. When 64bit Windows is released the AMD gets a massive 22% increase in proformance. Also AMD is £109.99 where as the Intel is £159.90.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234