Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doom movie with the Rock!

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    they should changed the title to "doomed", it'd be more fitting.

agreed.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Update to the movie:

Doom Movie First Image

The Rock has revealed extensive details regarding the upcoming Doom movie and his part in it while the first image from the Doom motion picture has surfaced on German movie website, bereitsgesehen.de. The image proves that The Rock wasn't lying when he claimed to be The One (see below). In the image Mr. Johnson's character, Sarge, stands at the point of an arrow of marines which includes Karl Urban as Grimm, in a not so prominent position. The more observant among you may notice some form of space ship in the background and the fact that The Rock seems to be holding a much bigger weapon than his comrades. Follow the Screens tab above for the full-size image or visit the image on http://www.bereitsgesehen.de/

Rock Reveals All (Caution: Spoiler Included)

The Rock, during an interview for empire online, has finally revealed his exact part in the Doom movie, I'm playing the commanding officer who, without ruining it for everyone, turns bad, which is great. He laso goes on to say I'm so excited about that movie, I'll tell you why. Number one, it's my first rated-R movie and it's a very unapologetic rated-R movie. Not only that, but the monsters are real, they're not CGI. They're made by Stan Winston who did Jurassic Park and Predator and all that. So the monster's got weight and when they’re in a scene they're like Aliens! I get to transform and become, I'm going to tell you this right now, the BMFOTP. Know what that means? It means the baddest mother****** on the planet. Finally the Rock did not mention any Uwe Boll involvement so we remain hopeful.
    The Daily Show Secrets 2/8/05

The Rock confirms that the Doom movie is in post-production, hints that his Sarge is the star and pleases everyone by triumphantly announcing the first big-screen appearance of the BFG.

In an appearance on the Daily Show with John Stewart last night, Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock), was cornered into answering some Doom questions. The movie star, there to promote his latest movie Be Cool, was repeatedly asked about future projects and admitted that the Doom movie has now completed shooting and is in post production and expected to be in U.S. theatres by August 2005. The Rock will also be starring in the SpyHunter game-to-movie effort.

The Rock was quick to hint that his character, currently known as Sarge will be the leading character by unleashing an enigmatic, I'm the one statement. In most references to the movie, actor Karl Urban of LoTR, Riddick and Bourne Supremacy notoriety, is mentioned as the lead and is billed as John Grimm. According to the plot, a Special Ops squadron, led by Grimm, answers a distress call from a science lab on the planet Olduvai (not Mars), their investigation reveals that a series of mutant beings are systematically killing off the population there.

It is rumored that The Rock's Sarge character will be a member of the team and his character seems vague enough to be the nameless marine of the game. Mr. Johnson however, seems happy to spread confusion as in other interviews he has hinted that his role may include that of the leader of hell. Oddly enough, he has also suggested that his evil side will be a surprise in the movie, so he is either ruining the premise or simply trying to confuse everyone even further.

The director of the movie is the Polish born Andrzej Bartkowiak better known for his cinematography work in movies such as Thirteen Days, The Devil's Advocate and U.S. Marshalls as well as for directing Cradle 2 the Grave. Bartkowiak's name is a stylistic guarantee of sorts although we have to admit we are just happy to see Uwe Boll is in no way associated with the project.

Another detail about the Doom movie revealed by Johnson is that it will be rated R, a relief for fans of the game, concerned by recent rumors claiming that the movie would carry a PG-13 rating.

Finally The Rock also mentioned that the eh... Bio-Force Gun will also appear in the movie and he said he was pleased with the amount of explosions and total devastation present in the movie, claiming it would be enough to keep even the most demanding fans of the game happy.

Following the latest news about the movie we cannot help but become concerned regarding the rushed feeling we are getting about the Doom movie. If shooting is already over and the movie has a planned August 2005 release we may be looking at a world speed record for putting a big budget production together. We are however, still optimistic since our contacts have informed us that Uwe Boll's name is still not appearing anywhere near the credits.
    Bio-Force Gun? I'll take teh Big Fucking Gun anyday

source: http://www.megagames.com/news/html/m...edetails.shtml

release: August 11, 2005

Last edited by cpt_azad; 03-23-2005 at 09:03 AM.

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Bio-Force Gun? I'll take teh Big Fucking Gun anyday
    Agreed. I'm guessing they'll be at least one person in every cinema shouting it's the Big Fucking Gun.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    c mon guys this movie cant be that baddddddddddddddddddddd

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    It will though, that's the problem. name one good "game to movie" movie.....

but I really hope it wont turn out that bad, the director better not fuck up or else

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12