Thread: maddox > orbitz

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....u=orbitz_blows

i dont even know who orbitz are but i think it's funny how one pissed off guy can lose a company $1000's

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Retired
    He should make a proper website damn large font

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Why does your site look so shitty? / Why do you use such huge fonts?

My site looks shitty for the following reasons:

1. Bandwidth conservation. I'm costing my ISP, Xmission, a lot of bandwidth per month, even with the text-heavy layout I have now. Xmission has been great about hosting this site, and I want to make it as efficient as possible while still getting my point across.
    2. Protest. I'm keeping my web site shitty as a protest against all the slick-looking, contentless web sites out there. Nobody cares about your stupid rotating icons and fading links. Mine isn't the only site on the internet that uses a simple layout, perhaps you've heard of this one?

[google]

Some webmasters have spent years tweaking their layout and designing their site, and very few get any traffic. This site, as shitty as it looks, gets over 1 million visits per month. I use large fonts also as a protest against all the stylish garbage you see out there. When I go to a web site, I WANT TO READ THE CONTENT. Trust me, that micro-font everyone uses isn't nearly as original as they think. I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    That'd be great if Maddox and his followers could really hurt Orbitz business.

Edit: It's kinda funny reading up on Orbitz terms of service. It says that it violates the terms of service if you post a link to Orbitz web site without permission, something I just did.

LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
    Inbound Links

We welcome links from a third party site to the home page of our Site, through a plain text link, provided that (a) you give Orbitz prior written notice of such link by contacting Orbitz Customer Service, to request Orbitz's permission to establish the link; (b) you discontinue providing a link to our Site if so requested by Orbitz; (c) you do not imply in any fashion that Orbitz is endorsing any of your products or service or is affiliated with you, (d) you do not present Orbitz in a false light, or provide misleading or false information about Orbitz, or its Site or Services, (e) you do not remove or obscure the copyright notices, or other notices on this Site; (f) you do not use any Mark of Orbitz; and (g) you do not replicate, frame or mirror the content of the Site.

We reserve the right to require you to remove links to the Site, in our sole discretion.

Linking to any page of the Site other than to the homepage is strictly prohibited in the absence of a separate linking agreement with Orbitz.

I hope everyone who has a web site can do this too. Maybe you might get an amusing cease and desist letter.
    Last edited by Arm; 03-08-2005 at 01:03 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bujub22's Avatar THE GREAT
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    That'd be great if Maddox and his followers could really hurt Orbitz business.

Edit: It's kinda funny reading up on Orbitz terms of service. It says that it violates the terms of service if you post a link to Orbitz web site without permission, something I just did.

LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
    Inbound Links

We welcome links from a third party site to the home page of our Site, through a plain text link, provided that (a) you give Orbitz prior written notice of such link by contacting Orbitz Customer Service, to request Orbitz's permission to establish the link; (b) you discontinue providing a link to our Site if so requested by Orbitz; (c) you do not imply in any fashion that Orbitz is endorsing any of your products or service or is affiliated with you, (d) you do not present Orbitz in a false light, or provide misleading or false information about Orbitz, or its Site or Services, (e) you do not remove or obscure the copyright notices, or other notices on this Site; (f) you do not use any Mark of Orbitz; and (g) you do not replicate, frame or mirror the content of the Site.

We reserve the right to require you to remove links to the Site, in our sole discretion.

Linking to any page of the Site other than to the homepage is strictly prohibited in the absence of a separate linking agreement with Orbitz.

I hope everyone who has a web site can do this too. Maybe you might get an amusing cease and desist letter.

like that really scaring someone ive jus link that damn link to 7 different site jus on principal cuz they said u cant do it

WHERE MY LETTER!!