Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [FA CUP] Quarter Final Weekend

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    what do you reckon to a tasty Man U v Arsenal semi final?

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    what do you reckon to a tasty Man U v Arsenal semi final?
    Suits me.

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Meh, Jose Mourinho will bully Fifa into letting Chelsea back in and they will win it

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Meh, Jose Mourinho will bully Fifa into letting Chelsea back in and they will win it
    UEFA have called Mourinho "the enemy of football" because the ref from the Barca game (1st leg) has quit.

Frisk was a pretty good ref too, fecking Chavski

Btw, I wouldn't mind a Utd Vs Arsenal semi final. Their defence is rubbish at the moment and I think they're scared of Rooney.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    C'mon, the ref received threats, how the feck is that Jose's fault?

He slagged of the ref just like Arsene Wenger and Sir Alex do week in week out in the Premiership.

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I've never known UEFA to call anyone the 'enemy of football' before. It's pretty shocking.

I think Mourinho was being a bit petty with his comments about the ref but obviously, his words will influence what the Chelsea fans do wrt threats and stuff - so he does have a degree of responsibility. That said it's the same with Wenger but as far as I know, Wenger - nor SAF - have ever accused a ref of corruption.

That's probably what UEFA didn't like.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    Surely everytime you say the ref did favours for one team that is implying corruption?

8. Sports Club   -   #18
    manker's Avatar effendi
    No. They don't say that, mostly Wenger is pretty clever about his words - except when he called RVN a cheat, outright.

They accuse the referee of ineptitude or of being weak in the face of protestations from the crowd/players. When Mourinho accused Rijkaard of going into Frisk's dressing room, he called the ref and Rijkaard cheats - 'cos that's strictly against the rules.

I think Mourinho is hot headed and doesn't take advice from others, if he'd run his statement past Kenyon, for example, then he would have been advised against mentioning the part about the dressing room, but as I say - he doesn't take advice well.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    I still don't see how that can mean he is the reason for the death threats.

I mean many footballers & managers and also prolly refs have had death threats before,there has never been such outcry and blame placing though

I mean Beckham was hung from a lampost and burnt ffs

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    manker's Avatar effendi
    As I say, there is a degree of responsibility on the coach for the effects that his words will have on fans. Mourinho is no more to blame for the threats than any other manager who has slated a ref.

However, in this case one of the best refs in the world has resigned directly because of Mourinho's words and the effects of his words. I don't think Frisk resigned just because of the threats - that was the final straw after having his integrity repeatedly called into question by Mourinho.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast