Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Soldiers shoot dog and laugh about it

HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    wow, you'll pretty much say anything to support your troops
    Well, the way I see it, you are so wrapped up with your pathetic attempt to make the U.S. military bad, that you seem to think killing a dog is earth shattering. When elsewhere in the world genocide is being committed. But you wouldn't care about that tho would you? As long as you are able to win a few "coolness" point by making jabs at the U.S. military.

But since you know everything about the subject and have deemed fit to pass your little judgment, I quess it entitles me to pass judgement on Canadians after a couple Canadians killed four mounties a few weeks ago.

Hmm, government backed rape and murder in Africa, Canadians killing local law enforcement, U.S. military killing dogs...which one of these is not like the others?
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 03-19-2005 at 03:29 PM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    @METALPARKINGLOT - :beerchug:

I never believe the credibility of these types of videos. You know, the ones where the entire first part of the video is missing and only the tail end has been left for shock effect by those who love to smear this war's intentions. That dog probably attacked them or something before it was shot.

That video was not shot in Iraq. They're wearing camo ffs...You guys really need to reevaluate...and what makes this site credible?
    I don't see any date or proof really that this was done by US soldiers, if real solidiers at all.

The media warped the presentation to get the exact effect they wanted. There was no glee or excitement in the soldeirs voice. He fully expected the first shot to kill the dog and was surprised that his second and third shot hadn't. He wasn't torturing the dog for fun. On the other hand the soldier should be up on charges for gross incompetence. Anyone who can't kill something at point blank range with with an M-16 in one shot is pathetic.

just remember: ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN
    Last edited by Skizo; 03-19-2005 at 03:21 PM.

yo

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    That video was not shot in Iraq. They're wearing camo ffs...You guys really need to reevaluate...and what makes this site credible?
    I don't see any date or proof really that this was done by US soldiers, if real solidiers at all.
    Fie on you for unauthorized use of the "logic-scope".

People like you, who go around spreading truth, truth, truth all the time should be shot by U.N. Peace-Keepers.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    COME ON BOYS!!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TRAINED FOR!!!....killing a dog...

Sad or what?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

People like you, who go around spreading truth, truth, truth all the time should be shot by U.N. Peace-Keepers.
    or at least raped, impregnated and tossed aside.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by InDaPocket
    or at least raped, impregnated and tossed aside.
    Or that, sure.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I am not going to watch the video as it really does not appeal to me to see two yobs kill a dog regardless of their location or occupation.

If they were soldiers in Iraq then I am sure even the most ill-willed would agree that two idiots don't represent an army (ok I know there has been a few others too). However, armies do tend to attract eejits that fancy themselves as Storm Troopers or whatever as well as those who are simply looking for an interesting career and a fairly decent salary.

Most recruiting sifts and basic training courses are designed to root these people out. I can't talk for the US but the UK does reject a lot of the "pond life" (A term a staff sargeant I know is fond of. I did question him on it but assured me in a surprisingly sad tone for him that he was not being overly harsh). The UK army has had to jail a couple of soldiers for criminal behaviour in Iraq also. If you have a body of 150,000 men and women then by law of averages some will be thieves, murderers and worse. Perhaps less than the general population pool if they are well sifted but some nevetheless.

I have no idea what the sift ctiteria is for the National Guard that is also being used in Iraq by the US. Is it the same as the regular army?
    Last edited by Biggles; 03-19-2005 at 09:12 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    As a pre-teenager - shooting a dog with a bb gun can seem like the moment of your life, i saw it happen once and still feel disgusted. What is the age of the these soldiers?

I have seen dogs that are treated so badly that they should be shot along with their owners.

The beauty of the new technology - video, digicams + interweb is that we get to see a little bit more of the shit that happens out there - which we would never see in earlier wars.
    The question is - who put that video on the web and for what reason?
    a.Cool factor?
    b. Disgust?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    However, armies do tend to attract eejits that fancy themselves as Storm Troopers
    Do you know any Swedish swear words? No? You will shortly.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

What the heck is that supposed to mean??

yo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast