Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terri Schiavo

Arm's Avatar Poster
    The womans dead in the brain. Now let her body follow.

The worst thing about this issue is how it distracts from real problems. But of course thats probably the point. The Florida legislature has more important issues to debate about than wether not to allow a dead woman to die completly. Remember the hurricane(s)? Dont you "lawmakers" gotta pass some legislation related that and other real issues? Yeah. Well go do it and quit being a moron.
    Last edited by Arm; 03-21-2005 at 06:26 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    jWhat a fiasco. How is it that when Bush was Governor of Texas, he signed into law the right for hospitals to disconnect someone's life support if the hospital says the person is terminal. So, they removed life support form a six month ole, against the mothers wishes. They are threatening to remove life support in ten days from another man, against the family's wishes. This has to do with who has the money, as well as right to lifers and their agenda. This is going to spin out of control. funny, though..Bush sure sang a different tune in Texas.
    Last edited by ruthie; 03-21-2005 at 06:44 AM.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I heard on the news the President cut his vacation short to argue on the behalf of the parents. Is that true?

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Almost 230 years and you still haven't worked out who runs your country. It's hardly surprising other countries question your actions when you interfere in the running of their business. Still, that's another subject altogether.

One thing is for certain, politicians should not be getting involved in this sort of action, no matter whether it is a state or a federal issue. If necessary, that's for the courts to decide, they are specifically there to act independently of partisan one-off decisions. If politicians act in individual cases you can be almost certain that the outcome will be bad law, and subject to countless appeals and counter-appeals. Who will decide these appeals - the courts. So let the courts get on with it now.

Should she be kept alive? I doubt whether any but a select few know her true condition, and certainly not any of those campaigning for or against. But I fail to see the logic of those who are campaigning for her to be kept alive on religious grounds. They seem to be saying that someone's body should be kept alive because we have the capability to do so. When the equipment comes marked "Made in Heaven" I will consider they may have a valid case, until then only medical arguments should be considered.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Almost 230 years and you still haven't worked out who runs your country. It's hardly surprising other countries question your actions when you interfere in the running of their business. Still, that's another subject altogether.
    Agreed...that's another subject altogether. Your potshot at my country means shit and doesn't have to do with shinolah but I guess you couldn't help yourself. Our country has been run well enough to get along just fine in 230 odd years, you know, since becoming independent of yours.

Fuck, your country isn't perfect either so go analyze that. It just it doesn't really make the news and we don't pay attention to it over here.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-21-2005 at 02:33 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I think in cases like this the United States should have the final say. What is the point in becoming part the United States then deciding to make major decision on your own. I also think that the death penalty should be treated the same way. Why should a jumped up cinema cowboy or similar have the final say on whether a person should live or die. All these final decision should be made by a Supreme Court Committee or whatever they call them in the USA.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Agreed...that's another subject altogether. Your potshot at my country means shit and doesn't have to do with shinolah but I guess you couldn't help yourself. Our country has been run well enough to get along just fine in 230 odd years, you know, since becoming independent of yours.

Fuck, your country isn't perfect either so go analyze that. It's just it doesn't really make the news and we don't pay attention to it over here.
    I see, so you get on your high horse about lynx taking a potshot at your country and say that it doesn't mean shit - then you take a potshot at his.

Busyman pseudo-logic strikes again
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I still say its a matter of what she really wanted, and the proof of it. Under normal circumstances I would believe her husband, but he basically left her side already

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I see, so you get on your high horse about lynx taking a potshot at your country and say that it doesn't mean shit - then you take a potshot at his.
    You're a genius.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Seriously, there is no need for this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast